I love my NS4G but I think this is it

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I can't take the dropped calls anymore. I tried living with it, i stuck by it even when it had all the signal problems. But my phone almost caused me to miss an important business call for a client and nearly botched an important job. And it's not the first time either, not business related btw.

Right now it's looking unlikely that i will get the Nexus Prime. I'm looking at the S2 or *swallows* the iPhone.

/rant

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Fruit phone, wow ... Can't believe you mentioned that in here..... LOL...

To each their own... :)

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Fruit phone, wow ... Can't believe you mentioned that in here..... LOL...

To each their own... :)

;) Plenty of vitamin C.

It was just a consideration though. I'm going to see how the Galaxy S2 turns out. I like Android itself, but I feel comfortable with a Google supported phone. But I can't really have one that will drop calls when I need it the most.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I can't take the dropped calls anymore. I tried living with it, i stuck by it even when it had all the signal problems. But my phone almost caused me to miss an important business call for a client and nearly botched an important job. And it's not the first time either, not business related btw.

Right now it's looking unlikely that i will get the Nexus Prime. I'm looking at the S2 or *swallows* the iPhone.

/rant

Not following your logic on that one. What do problems you're having with the Nexus S have to do with the Prime?

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I can't take the dropped calls anymore. I tried living with it, i stuck by it even when it had all the signal problems.
I just posted a very comprehensive 'review' about the Nexus here. I am totally with you on the dropped calls. It is completely unacceptable. It truly does make my appearance to my clients as 'incompetent' if my phone cant even hold a call. One dropped call per month is too many, my EVO was almost perfect in this area (though, failed miserably in many others). I never understood how people could logically make a decision to go to AT&T for a phone, when the network would drop a call daily (or more).

Sprint/CDMA doesn't drop calls that often, dropped calls on the Nexus is COMPLETELY Samsung's lack of engineering/attention to detail/testing...

Right now it's looking unlikely that i will get the Nexus Prime. I'm looking at the S2 or *swallows* the iPhone. t
Not following your logic on that one. What do problems you're having with the Nexus S have to do with the Prime?
The signal problems on the Nexus are Samsung problems...and have been Samsung problems A LOT of Samsung devices. I have a feeling they may also be prevalent on the S2 and Prime...:(.

Based on what I know is coming, it will be between the Photon and the iPhone. :eek:

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't know of a cell phone or carrier that doesn't drop calls at some point. There are always dead spots or interruption in service. A dropped call a month seems good. I have had maybe two dropped calls since May. If dropping a call is that detrimental to your business, you may want to consider conducting business over a land line.

Angrygimp

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
haven't dropped a call in I don't know how long. Of course i rarely talk on the phone and even rarer that I talk for more then 5 minutes, but haven't had any talk issues with my NS4G

wpbfjr

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
fwiw, i'm loving my nexus s on att. maybe one dropped call.

(i follow here for tips/tricks/issues common to the nexus).

on the road

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
The signal problems on the Nexus are Samsung problems...and have been Samsung problems A LOT of Samsung devices. I have a feeling they may also be prevalent on the S2 and Prime...:(.

Then that makes even less sense to me, because the OP said he was considering the S2 :confused:

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Then that makes even less sense to me, because the OP said he was considering the S2 :confused:

I didn't really know it occurred with other Samsung phones. This is my first Samsung smartphone.

fwiw, i'm loving my nexus s on att. maybe one dropped call.

(i follow here for tips/tricks/issues common to the nexus).

on the road

Don't get me wrong, I like the Nexus and having pure Google. But I just can't keep having dropped calls.

haven't dropped a call in I don't know how long. Of course i rarely talk on the phone and even rarer that I talk for more then 5 minutes, but haven't had any talk issues with my NS4G

I use my data more than my phone, but on the times I do use it, 3/5 I'd say my call will drop or won't go through.

I don't know of a cell phone or carrier that doesn't drop calls at some point. There are always dead spots or interruption in service. A dropped call a month seems good. I have had maybe two dropped calls since May. If dropping a call is that detrimental to your business, you may want to consider conducting business over a land line.

Not trying to be rude or anything, but I shouldn't have to worry about my phone dropping calls at a frequent rate or anything. I'm not always near a landline plus I never had a problem out of my Evo or even the Palm dropping calls even in poor coverage areas.

It's not more on the problem I have with the Prime. It's that if they don't improve the radios on the Prime and hopefully fix the dropped calls and wireless issue, I don't think there'd be any point in getting the Prime. :( I hope that doesn't be the case because I enjoy having pure vanilla Android.

I just posted a very comprehensive 'review' about the Nexus here. I am totally with you on the dropped calls. It is completely unacceptable. It truly does make my appearance to my clients as 'incompetent' if my phone cant even hold a call. One dropped call per month is too many, my EVO was almost perfect in this area (though, failed miserably in many others). I never understood how people could logically make a decision to go to AT&T for a phone, when the network would drop a call daily (or more).

Sprint/CDMA doesn't drop calls that often, dropped calls on the Nexus is COMPLETELY Samsung's lack of engineering/attention to detail/testing...

Based on what I know is coming, it will be between the Photon and the iPhone. :eek:

I read your review and everything you said was pretty much on par with what I am experiencing. Occassionally, my Nexus has problems connecting to Wifi despite a very strong signal. Looking on my Evo, which is connected to wifi, it picks up the signal just fine with no problems.

I've never had dropped calls on any other phone on Sprint, so it has to be the phone itself. And I didn't realize this was a problem with other Samsung phones, which is a total bummer.

Like you said, shouldn't have to worry about a phone dropping calls constantly, which is totally unacceptable.