Phone goes straight to voicemail when others call

mclasser

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Been having this weird issue lately. A couple of people have said they tried calling me, but the phone went straight to voicemail. I know for certain my phone always had reception and was on when they said they called. I'm not sure if it is a phone, or Sprint issue. I've also been having a lot of failures sending text messages (again the reception is good when this happens).

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
How do you know for certain your phone had reception at the exact moment of the call attempt?

codemarshank

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I myself have had similar issues. I've even tested it by having a friend call me while my phone was on and unlocked. I clearly had 3 green bars but it rang and rang and rang on their end, going to voicemail without ever ringing my phone. I'd say about half the time I get a voicemail without so much as a missed call notification on my phone.

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
In this case, it's almost always a network thing. If you're on a congested tower, you can get blocked calls - calls that never go through. If you repeatedly have this issue everywhere you go, then it's worth getting your phone looked at.

mclasser

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Chud, I had my phone in my apartment when my buddies said they called. I always have a strong signal in my apartment. I don't have call forwarding or anything of that sort set up. The congested tower theory is interesting. Most of the time, my friends said they called in the evening (6ish pm). I wouldn't be surprised if Sprint towers are simply overwhelmed around that peak time.

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Chud, I had my phone in my apartment when my buddies said they called. I always have a strong signal in my apartment. I don't have call forwarding or anything of that sort set up. The congested tower theory is interesting. Most of the time, my friends said they called in the evening (6ish pm). I wouldn't be surprised if Sprint towers are simply overwhelmed around that peak time.

Yep - rush hour and bar close are the 2 busiest times of the day for cellular traffic, so especially if you're in an area where 1 tower covers a large area, if there's a lot of users on 1 tower, it's not uncommon to get a failed call (outgoing or incoming) or text message.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non