Help needed please! Want to uninstall ics, rollback to gb

LoveMyPalmTreo

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
HOW CAN I UNINSTALL ANDROID 4.0.4 ICE CREAM SANDWICH FROM MY GOOGLE NEXUS S 4G (By Samsung) FOR SPRINT?

I WAS FORCED TO INSTALL IT A FEW DAYS AGO AND HATE IT. IT IS SLOW AND HAS REMOVED MANY OF MY MOST LOVED & USEFUL FEATURES (MENU, SEARCH, LONG-TOUCH, ETC ARE ALL GONE)

I WANT TO GO BACK TO MY ANDROID 2.3 GINGERBREAD.

Would like to also add that I am NOT a fancy expert developer or anything. I've never messed with a phone's operating system and I have not "rooted" my phone to the extent that I even properly understand what that means... I am just a novice Android user and hate the new, slower Android ICS 4.0 on my phone and was perfectly happy with Android 2.3 GB and wish to roll back.

Thanks all for your help! (Please be as detailed & specific as possible! )

HELP!!!!

Additional Details

My phone is now running Android 4.0.4
(Kernel Version 3.0.8-g6656123
android-build@vpbs1 #1)
Thu Feb2 2012

Build no. IMM76D

Please help me get back to the Android 2.3 Gingerbread!

feoysolo

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Well... This probably isn't what you want to hear, but mine was slow and crappy after the update also so I decided to do a hard reset on the phone. Not only does it run much faster now, but thanks to Google's new backup feature (make sure it is enabled and backed up before resetting obviously) nearly all the apps I had installed before got automagically re-installed (even the free ones). If you can stand to live without things like game progress and having to re-customize some apps, then I suggest you give it a shot.

As for rolling back, unfortunately I have no advice. Have you checked xda-developers.com?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
HOW CAN I UNINSTALL ANDROID 4.0.4 ICE CREAM SANDWICH FROM MY GOOGLE NEXUS S 4G (By Samsung) FOR SPRINT?

I WAS FORCED TO INSTALL IT A FEW DAYS AGO AND HATE IT. IT IS SLOW AND HAS REMOVED MANY OF MY MOST LOVED & USEFUL FEATURES (MENU, SEARCH, LONG-TOUCH, ETC ARE ALL GONE)

I WANT TO GO BACK TO MY ANDROID 2.3 GINGERBREAD.

Would like to also add that I am NOT a fancy expert developer or anything. I've never messed with a phone's operating system and I have not "rooted" my phone to the extent that I even properly understand what that means... I am just a novice Android user and hate the new, slower Android ICS 4.0 on my phone and was perfectly happy with Android 2.3 GB and wish to roll back.

Thanks all for your help! (Please be as detailed & specific as possible! )

HELP!!!!

Additional Details

My phone is now running Android 4.0.4
(Kernel Version 3.0.8-g6656123
android-build@vpbs1 #1)
Thu Feb2 2012

Build no. IMM76D

Please help me get back to the Android 2.3 Gingerbread!

Best I have to offer is the following thread. Its not a very hard thing to do.

[GUIDE] Restore to Stock/Unroot for the Nexus S 4g

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Best I have to offer is the following thread. Its not a very hard thing to do.

[GUIDE] Restore to Stock/Unroot for the Nexus S 4g

This is actually not a tough thing to do as Paul627g has suggested.

I can appreciate your desire to go back to GB, though. While you're at it, may I suggest rooting your phone? It will give you a lot more options and you can move back and forth between operating systems.

sniperkill

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
The ONLY way for you to go back to Gingerbread is for you to root your phone, and install a custom recovery. If you go to xdadevelopers.com and head over to the Nexus S 4G "Android Development" section, you'll find a all-in one rooting tool from the user "ShabbyPenguin" and that tool, once you run it, it will root your phone and install a custom recovery. Once you do that, all you need to do is download the Stock files you need, then just flash then in your new recovery. Done.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Go to Settings/Backup & Reset.

You will see the options there to backup your data to Google servers. Then also the automatic restore option.

Khandjamts

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

i upgrade android 2.3.5 to 4.0.4 ICS, my phone LG optimus 2X and Optimus 3D. But my phones WIFI and 3G not working, please help me how can i uninstall 4.0.4 and backup 2.3.7. Please help me guys thanks