2A chargers with the Nexus S

giograves

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
This phone takes an absurdly long time to charge and I'm wondering if using the new 2A charger that came with my N7 would help the charge times or just damage the phone?

-Sent from my Jelly Bean Nexus 7

jmunster

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Most likely neither. The phone should just draw what it needs which is probably less than either charger's capability.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

King Koopa VI

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
They've posted a couple articles her on Android Central about this. You can use the 1.8A Premium Blackberry chargers to charge Android smartphones. It does not damage the phone, but not all phones are compatible with rapid charge.

Test it and let us know please.

Link for the article - Accessory Tip: BlackBerry Premium Charger rapid-charges Android phones, too | Android Central

Link to buy the Blackberry Premium charger (for a NS4G at that) - BlackBerry Premium Micro-USB 1.8A Charger - Android Wall Chargers - ShopAndroid

Reactions: giograves

betachains

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I just attached my NS4G to the 2A charger and cable that came with my new N7. Without running official times, I don't see much difference from the NS4G charger/cable.

giograves

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I just attached my NS4G to the 2A charger and cable that came with my new N7. Without running official times, I don't see much difference from the NS4G charger/cable.

Hadn't noticed any difference either.
What is different about the BB rapid chargers vs standard tablet chargers?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2