Nexus S 4G Colors Washed Out Compared To Epic

optimus

May 18, 2010
Visit site
It appears that my Nexus S 4G colors a bit washed out compared to my old Epic.. my Epic colors have deep blacks and solid color ranges, where as my Nexus seems to be a bit washed out..

Anyone else notice this?

Can this be fixed via software update?

~OpTi

mikachu

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Hey, I just upgraded from epic too. I compared screens and what i realized is that the epic has more saturated colors, which make it look prettier :) lol i am a fan, but i dont think the nexus has washed colors, just more accurate. To compare, I took a pic of the same thing on both phones and I realized the colors were more accurate on the nexus then then my Epic.

On a side note I actually miss touchwiz, god how i hate/2lazy going to setting to turn wireless stuff on. I even purchased beautiful widgets to speed things up and the 4g widget doesnt even work.

One thing I did noticed is that the epic screen, when set to auto-brightness is brighter then the nexus at same settings. This made it hard for me to read in sunlight and I didnt like the nexus initially b/c of it. So i just turned off auto-brightness and put it at a setting I like.

Ill let you know if I think it was worth it to get a Nexus, considering our Epic was just as good. Essentially is pure google and Instant updates worth it?

mikachu

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
One more thing, lol I have a lot to say. I really wish the nexus was as loud as the EPIC. My epic had a great speakers. And I hope a software update will improve the video and pic quality.

On the plus side, the Nexus is sexy as hell. Holding it feels great, Like I have the coolest phone in the world, even cooler then Iphone4 :p

tsrich

May 6, 2011
Visit site
So you were able to adjust the screen brightness to something acceptable?

I took a look at a nexus at the sprint store yesterday, and the screen was unimpressive to me, compared to my wife's Evo.

It was set on auto brightness and seemed very dim and washed out compared to her Evo. I was surprised because I expected it to be the strengh of the phone. I didn't get a chance to try and manually adjust the settings. The screen made me hold off getting one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez