Battery Life Discussion

rc28a

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I have the 4g and wifi off but it my phone drops 10% per hour... anyone know why?
I checked the battery use and it says display 60% - 69% even though the screen is off the whole time

Whats going on with this phone?

rc28a

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Er what the heck so my phone charges from 76 percent to 100% in 20 minutes... I think the battery use sensor is jacked!

fixxxer1022

Banned
Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
i believe the high battery drain is caused from the phone pulling for a signal too much. if you download the app called network it will show you the phone is not set at cdma auto prl. instead it says unknown or wcdma. no way to currently fix it either. i believe this has plagued aosp roms for awhile now. it's being discussed at xda too.

RamboDroid

A|C Fanboy
Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
Ya Mine is droping fast too. The gingerbread battery monitor blames the display a 47%time on 2h 53mns brightness is pulled back to just a fourth of the way across.

FocusFreak

Banned
May 8, 2011
Visit site
I am getting 15 hours of moderate use per day. The phone is still around 25-30% when I go to charge it at night. I just got the 1750MAH battery today but dot even feel the need to use it. I ordered it thinking battery life would be as bad as my Evo but its worlds better.

orange-man

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I used the Juice Defender app on my Evo for many months and it always did a really good job to help me to easily get through the day on a single charge. It's free so I suggest giving it a try if your battery is draining quickly. I just put it on my NS today.

googs

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Battery Life

So I got my Nexus S 4g last night and I was using it pretty heavily after it charged but the battery lasted 3 or 4 hours and it completely drained. No 4G, screen on minimum brightness, autosync on, words with friends running, aim running, gtalk running and facebook running. Today I unplugged it from the charger at around 6 am. At 8 am and it wasat 79%. I have not sent any texting and have browsed a few web pages. I didn't want to, but I turned autosync off for everything except gmail, closed gtalk, closed aim, closed facebook, and closed words with friends. Again I have the screen set to minimum brightness and have not made any calls or texts yet. Now it is 8:50 and it is at 68% after doing 5 moves on words with friends. Is this normal for battery life? What are you guys running all day and how does your battery life stand up?

googs

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
SO why is there such variability in the drainage of the battery. We're talking some people are barely using it with all the battery saving settings on and it drains in 4 hours and others use it all day and have all the settings on that should potentially drain the battery and they get 15 hours or more. What could be the culprit?

googs

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for that. I didn't realize others were having problems like me too. I kept reading everyone was getting awesome battery life. That thread seemed inconclusive, though. Any idea on what might be causing us to get such a drain?

googs

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
It's pretty decent where I am but I am on wifi here at work and its still dropping fast. Even if it wasn't thatgood should it really drain in 3 or 4 hours? How long does yours last?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevinrshay1984