Got a taste of vanilla, no more flavors please!

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Now that I have experienced vanilla Android, I have to admit that I like it. I initially thought I wouldn't like it because I loved HTC's Sense UI, but I like vanilla Android even better. I hope Sprint keeps up with the Nexus line. Anyone else ruined for any other Android skin after getting a taste of vanilla Android? Any skins that you think is better?

Kloneicle

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Now that I have experienced vanilla Android, I have to admit that I like it. I initially thought I wouldn't like it because I loved HTC's Sense UI, but I like vanilla Android even better. I hope Sprint keeps up with the Nexus line. Anyone else ruined for any other Android skin after getting a taste of vanilla Android? Any skins that you think is better?

Stock all the way, this phone is perfect the way it is. Themes are unfinished and clumsy.

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Sprint is gettting the next Nexus, they have been working really close with Google to bring Google Voice. There already leaked pictures of the Nexus 3, and it will be my next phone. I will never leave the Nexus line ...ever!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I agree, vanilla android is the best flavor for me. I can appreciate sense having had it on my EVO, but when I flashed CM7 on my EVO it was all over, that was deciding factor that my next phone be the Nexus.

Bujin#IM

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Coming from an EVO, I really love vanilla android. Played with Fancy Widget and other 3rd party stuff, but have decided to keep my look stock. Loving the entire Nexus / Google experience!

cq

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I left Verizon because of this. I had the OG Droid, and Verizon refused to release anything else with vanilla Android. So I switched over for the Nexus, and I think I will only buy Nexus in the future!

Zerocool84

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I had a vanilla Android phone before, the Moment, but the phone was so terrible that going to a Nexus S from that phone is like going from a 1969 VW Bug to a 2010 Dodge Viper.

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
next nexus phone will be with sprint as well. It is already rumoured that the next nexus is already being tested with wimax/cdma and gsm.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Vanilla is the only way to go. One of the reasons I still hold onto the relic known as the Motorola Droid.

Really dislike manufacturers UI's. Only decent one, in my opinion, is TouchWiz 4.0

Sent from my Droid

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Sprint is gettting the next Nexus, they have been working really close with Google to bring Google Voice. There already leaked pictures of the Nexus 3, and it will be my next phone. I will never leave the Nexus line ...ever!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

It was confirmed that leaked pic was photoshopped. Don't count on that being the real Nexus 3.

I had a vanilla Android phone before, the Moment, but the phone was so terrible that going to a Nexus S from that phone is like going from a 1969 VW Bug to a 2010 Dodge Viper.

The moment was not vanilla Android. Had carrier bloat, and a few different aspects from vanilla.

khamvongsa09

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Vanilla is very yummy but since this is my first ever Android phone I'm using a theme to fit my "personal" color choice.. If there is any way to make the Vanilla blue can someone post it here? Thanks :D

Zerocool84

May 26, 2011
Visit site
It was confirmed that leaked pic was photoshopped. Don't count on that being the real Nexus 3.

The moment was not vanilla Android. Had carrier bloat, and a few different aspects from vanilla.

The Moment just had some Sprint apps but still had pure Android. It didn't have any skin or anything like that.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
The Moment just had some Sprint apps but still had pure Android. It didn't have any skin or anything like that.

Weird every time I played with that device it had many differences from a pure vanilla Eclair ROM. I ran a pure one on my Hero. Remember that it's not pure Android if it has Sprint apps. Samsung also handled the updates for the Moment, not Google. Making it not a vanilla ROM. It was developed by Samsung, then approved by Sprint. The Nexus doesn't have to go through Sprint approval.

NOMster

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I think what he means is that it had no overlay. It used aosp dialer,contacts,home etc. It did have a few preinstalled apps, but not too bad vs. The other offering at the time. So coming from a moment would not be as big a change as say coming from a stock evo or epic.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Not having carrier bloatware really frees IP application memory. And the phone seems snappy al the time. It just feels like the phone belongs to me and not Sprint or Samsung.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699