Photon 4G for $99 for contract extension

coolqf

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I was at the Best Buy store yesterday and saw the deal. The ad, at the store, clearly says for new and existing single and family lines. I also asked a rep at the store to confirm that it's not an error. She said that it's not. I'll be getting this phone today from them =D

jlewis

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Just got a refund from Best Buy. Took my receipt to the customer service counter, said that I saw the phone for $100 less, and asked if I could get the difference back. She refunded the $100 no questions asked.

My original purchase was an upgrade, not a new contract.

cacti#AC

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I think their deals run 1 week at a time, Sunday through Saturday.
Just got off the phone with Best Buy and upgrading from Sprint Pre - to Photon...

The rep's understanding is that the $99 deal may only be for TODAY, as the ad seems to not be correctly entered into the system, but YMMV...

I wouldn't hesitate, as $99 is a great deal for a recent phone and $179.99 seems to be the lowest upgrade price elsewhere.

Good luck!

coolqf

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I think their deals run 1 week at a time, Sunday through Saturday.

Like Bone said, most of their deals run a week, but they frequently maintain several offers for multiple weeks. So, who knows.... This is not a one-day deal. I saw it yesterday, and bought the phone today for $99. If the deal does run into next week, you'll def. ant to buy it before Saturday ends, since their deals start again on Sundays.

Airwolf79

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Just picked mine up yesterday. It was about $200 out the door with the future proofing. Smoking deal! Still getting used to the phone, but so far it seems really good. I came from a rooted Evo running evodeck 1.3b.

Septiformus

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I went into Best Buy today with my receipt, went to customer service, said "I bought this photon on July 31st for $200, and now it is $99, can I get a credit" and gave them the receipt.
No arguments, no questions other than "how do you like that phone" and BAM $106 credit back on my card.

vnmous1

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Just got a refund from Best Buy. Took my receipt to the customer service counter, said that I saw the phone for $100 less, and asked if I could get the difference back. She refunded the $100 no questions asked.

My original purchase was an upgrade, not a new contract.

Did the same at lunch. So at the end of the day, it cost me a buck less than the thieves from Asurion (or however you spell it) wanted for a refurb Evo to replace mine that rebooted multiple times daily.

BB told me I was on day 14 of ownership and that was their time limit for price matches on cell phones.

Long story short......a better phone than my beloved Evo and a SCREAMING deal.

Gotta love it!

bj

mcp6530

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
I've had enough fun with the epic (it sucks) so i'm gonna give this phone a shot despite hearing some of the problems it's having....can't be worse than my epic. 99 bucks is too good to pass up!

dullgeek

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
I'm a webOS convert just picked up the Photon from BBM on a 2 year extension for $99. Heck of a deal.
Same here. I got my photon from BestBuy yesterday for $99 + 2 year extension... and the $10/mo smartphone tax. I deactivated my FrankenPre2... just realized that by deactivating my Pre2, I'm kinda stuck, since I can't activate a sprint comms board in a Pre2. Well I guess I'll cross that bridge if I get to the 30 day mark and decide I don't like the photon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress