Contacts App Causing Batter Drain

bonanzabucks

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
I?ve been getting pretty bad battery drain on my Photon lately. When I checked the battery monitor, it listed com.android.contacts or *wavelock* as the apps that seem to be the culprit. Basically, these apps don?t seem to shut off and they keep my phone ?awake? the whole time. I didn?t have this problem until the last few days. Anyone else notice the same thing? And how can I fix it? Obviously, I can?t uninstall those apps, but can I do something to shut them down? I can?t seem to force close them either. Help please!

Imagseer

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
I had a Wavelock issue on an Xperia Arc this week, neither 3 tech support nor Sony were able to come up with a fix for it.
I strongly suspect it is some kind of malware function that got in as the force stop and report buttons were greyed out.
The remedy, since taking out battery and SIM made no difference, was to back up contacts and data, make a note of important downloaded Aps, and do a factory reset. Total PITA but it worked.

Airwolf79

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Yes, it's very unusual to have wakelock (not wavelock) on a stock photon. Unfortunately u will probably have to factory reset. That's the nice thing about having a rooted phone, being able to use titanium backup to back up and restore your apps and data.