Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Note 3: "Camera Failed" Error

I've had my new Note 3 for a little less than a month. Just the other day, I'd had it turned off for a few hours, and ever since I turned it back on, my camera won't open ("camera failed") error. It also won't open in any other apps (snapchat, etc.. it crashes instagram when I try to use it).

I've tried clearing data and cache, and rebooting. Made sure there's plenty of RAM. I haven't done a factory reset on it.. is there any other troubleshooting options before I try a reset, then hassle someone about my warranty?
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-23-2014 at 01:34 AM.

Global Posts
    20,738 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: "Camera Failed" Error

Quote Originally Posted by Kristin Honzik View Post
    I've had my new Note 3 for a little less than a month. Just the other day, I'd had it turned off for a few hours, and ever since I turned it back on, my camera won't open ("camera failed") error. It also won't open in any other apps (snapchat, etc.. it crashes instagram when I try to use it).

I've tried clearing data and cache, and rebooting. Made sure there's plenty of RAM. I haven't done a factory reset on it.. is there any other troubleshooting options before I try a reset, then hassle someone about my warranty?
    Welcome to the forums.
    I would try clearing system cache in recovery, and see if that helps. I think this method will work. [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.
    Follow instructions for the S3.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Default Re: "Camera Failed" Error

i had the same problem with my moto g. i tried switching my phone off and on, and the camera worked. but i didn't want to keep turning my phone off and on so i tried finding the root problem. i came to know that every time i do not exit Skype properly, i get camera error. but the solution was simple, i just go to Skype, try to make a video call and the camera starts working. just make sure you don't directly kill the task and exit the app properly.

i don't know if this will work for you or not but it worked for me. good luck!

Default Re: Note 3: "Camera Failed" Error

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Welcome to the forums.
    I would try clearing system cache in recovery, and see if that helps. I think this method will work. [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.
    Follow instructions for the S3.
    I tried doing that....the camera is still not working
    Not just the camera, it's the gallery also. The gallery and the camera, both freeze when I try to open them.
    I even tried resetting me phone. Please help T.T

Default Re: Note 3: "Camera Failed" Error

Just an aside, not necessarily a fix: try downloading Google Camera from the Play Store.

Sent from my SM-N900P using AC Forums mobile app
    Not every device nor provider is for everyone. So choose carefully before you put your money down. Then live with your decision.

T-Mobile Note 4
    Nexus 7 (2013)
    Asus Transformer Pad TF300T
    Chromecast
    Gear 2 Neo

Smile Re: Note 3: "Camera Failed" Error

Please update your phone software