NOTE 3 won't charge from power bank and slow charges with wall outlet

unholygod91

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
Phone doesnt do anything when plugged to certain power banks but works on others and the wall albeit alot slower, and sometimes discharging. Here is a list of what I've tried,
Checking multiple cables(2.0,3.0)
Checking multiple power banks
Using other phones to connect to same power banks
Updating phone
Reseting phone
Replacing battery
Tried with phone off and on
Tried while battery is 5% and 95%
Almost all simple solutions like this
And scanning the internet for a very long time.

Couldnt find this question/answer after a week of searching the net, so i finally started a thread, although I might have figured it out by mixing information I've found but I'm not sure.

My last idea is replacing the Note 3's charging port. Could it be that the pins inside are missing or damaged and the phone now won't charge if a devices amp output is too high? I know it shouldn't matter if the amps are higher than the phone needs because it will hit its limit, which i believe is 1.2a or 1.8a, but what if the specific pins in the female micro-usb that are there to receive the power or tell either device they are connected are missing or damaged? Will that cause the device to ignore the power bank or the power bank to ignore the device? I've seen some have a similar problem in the threads and at least one of the solutions above worked or they blamed the 3.0 cable and stuck with the 2.0, and some didnt get an answer. Ive tried to add all details, hopefully there is a simple solution or maybe I'm right. At least I'll know what to do next without wasting money and so will others. Tired of searching. Here's some numbers if needed.

Note 3 N-900P 4.4+
Discharge - inuse/idle (500-200)
Wall charge - 1-1.55a output-300-600ma(low)
Laptop - 300-450 (low)
Power source above 3.0a (doesnt even register)
Power source below 3.0a (slow but charging)

Can provide more if needed.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Samsung devices can be very particular when it comes to the cables you use. Were any of the additional cables you tried official Samsung cables?

unholygod91

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
Yes, my gf lives with me and we have a roommate. We all use samsung and have for years, so we have alot of official and unofficial cables. I noticed this because my power bank worked one day and then suddenly it didnt the next. We have 4, 3 from same company but different capacities and 1 other. All over 3a output. Should have noted the highest working charger of any kind i have tried is was 2a output. There was another that i cant seem to find online that could be higher, but it wasnt over 3.

Last edited:

unholygod91

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
Idk if it matters, but they dont even try to work. Nothing happens. The banks just turn off after awhile after it doesnt detect anything, but sometimes when plugged into my laptop it will charge for a bit then stop. Replugging it would vibrate and say charging but then not charging over and over until i unplug it.

And ive discovered another possible cause that im looking into, or a mix of both. Will post if solution isnt thought of. No need for more problems not directly related to the question of type of chargers and amps.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, that might be tough to figure out. My guess is that it's a defective microUSB port, but I can't be sure.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty