Group messaging

sdunm906

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I just got my S4 and I so frustrated because I cannot receive group messages. I can send them out, but they come back as individual conversations. Can anyone help me with this? I have looked on other forums but nothing is working for me. Thanks!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I just got my S4 and I so frustrated because I cannot receive group messages. I can send them out, but they come back as individual conversations. Can anyone help me with this? I have looked on other forums but nothing is working for me. Thanks!

Welcome to the forums!!!
I have an S3 and it's the same way for me. I will be honest, for me it isn't something I have much interest in, so i never really looked for answers.

SlickSpur

May 8, 2013
Visit site

I had this problem too. I had Go SMS Pro and HandScent installed. For whatever reason, when I uninstalled them, the problem went away and I could once again receive group texts. If you have any other messaging apps installed, try uninstalling them and see if it fixes it for you.

josearmz10789

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Uninstall any 3rd party messaging apps (GO Sms, Handcent, etc). For some reason it interferes with the native stock app group messaging!

I use the stock messaging app and for some reason group messages come back individually. Doesn't bother me at all.
Btw you're real pretty, mean no disrespect.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app

oFamilyFirsto

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm having a couple of different things happening to my S4 and group messaging

1) I send out a group message to 11+ people but people recieve it as an MMS

2) For some reason majority of the group can't respond to the group message. They try to respond and get an error message saying "Not Delivered" and I don't get anything back from them.

3) There are two different things happening to people who can respond to the group message
A) Some who can respond come back as individual texts
OR
B) Some are able to respond in the group message but when they respond it creates a new group message thread with certain people missing from the original thread in which I created with the 11+ people. Therefor not everyone who recieved my original message is getting other peoples responses. In these new threads it always has a total of 10 of the original recipients that I sent the message to but missing others.

This makes me think is there a limit of how many people can be in the group messaging thread? Is it limited to 10 other people + me = 11 total?

Anyone else have any similar type problems? Can anyone give me any insight how to correct this?