MJA Update Help Please...

DASHZNT

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
I received a replacement phone today as I lost my other one, Thank God for insurance!!!
Anyways, I tried updating my phone using this links instructions [HOW TO]Update S4 to Stock 4.3 MJA w/Root ,MJA Modem & Keep 4.2.2 MF9 Bootloader! - xda-developers
And I end up having a Baseband of MDC and a Build Number of MJA

My phone is rooted but my hotspot mod does not seems to work, the devices that connect to it are not getting an ip address.
I only root my phones simly for the ability to have free wifi hotspot for my galaxy tab3.. so I dont need any crazy roms or anything.

My question is, does that difference have something to do with it or is there something else?
Also, I am ready to backup and start fresh if thats the only way to fix this issue, but if there is simply a file
that needs to be flashed to correct the phone working weird like it is, then please help me! Thank You in advance.

unixpsycho

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
I received a replacement phone today as I lost my other one, Thank God for insurance!!!
Anyways, I tried updating my phone using this links instructions [HOW TO]Update S4 to Stock 4.3 MJA w/Root ,MJA Modem & Keep 4.2.2 MF9 Bootloader! - xda-developers
And I end up having a Baseband of MDC and a Build Number of MJA

My phone is rooted but my hotspot mod does not seems to work, the devices that connect to it are not getting an ip address.
I only root my phones simly for the ability to have free wifi hotspot for my galaxy tab3.. so I dont need any crazy roms or anything.

My question is, does that difference have something to do with it or is there something else?
Also, I am ready to backup and start fresh if thats the only way to fix this issue, but if there is simply a file
that needs to be flashed to correct the phone working weird like it is, then please help me! Thank You in advance.

If you used that method, then you'll be using a custom kernel forever. Make sure you are using a custom kernel if you're not updating the bootloader.

It is safe to update the modem and baseband to MJA to match the build number. download from xda-developers - View Single Post - [FIRMWARE][ODIN] All Sprint Firmwares {12/8/13}

You'll end up being upgraded to MK2 eventually in the future, so be prepared for this to happen again.

DASHZNT

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Thanx but I fixed it on my own... I installed full stock MDC thru Odin.. Then I found the old MF9 Stock Rooted Software ODEXED and I did a full wipe and install of that, thru recovery... Then I started the process of following the instructions from the link I posted in my original post above and everything was on MJA. I installed the firmware only, then I installed the kernel and wifi fix and hotspot mod individually with reboots everytime. Then I started to restore my data and knfo with ti backup and my backup pro. It was a slow and tedious task but everything is working now and im on mJA rooted with wifi hotspot working. Ive also deleted the apps that download the ota and gove me popups all the time, so im in charge of upgrading when I feel like it which wint be for awile when I change the phone for the S5 when thats rooted and running smoothly.... dunno if this helps anyone but I thought it shoild be stated just in case... Thank You.