Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default rooting the Sprint Motorola Xprt with Gingerbread?

I recently updated my phone to gingerbread (after a year of waiting, thanks to sprint) and I'm really missing the root access. I'm disappointed that this phone has almost no support whatsoever from the android community. Is there anyone currently trying to figure out a way to root this thing? I've tried Superoneclick but that only works with Froyo.

Thanks.

Oh one more thing, would it be possible at all to port ICS to this thing? Just something I've been wondering.

Sent from my MB612 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: rooting the Sprint Motorola Xprt with Gingerbread?

i haD THE SAme problem , whatever you do dont downgrade and root mand then try to upgrade bacmk 2.3.5 NO MATTER WHAT DO NOT DOWNGRADE WILL BRICK YOUR XPRT! TRY HTTP://WWW.UNLOCKROOT.COM
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Did that work for you? It says it only works for froyo.

Sent from my Motorola XPRT

plz inform the process or how do u update android 2.3 in motorola xprt??

will this work with my xprt 2.3.5

Quote Originally Posted by NICKSBACK51 View Post
    i haD THE SAme problem , whatever you do dont downgrade and root mand then try to upgrade bacmk 2.3.5 NO MATTER WHAT DO NOT DOWNGRADE WILL BRICK YOUR XPRT! TRY HTTP://WWW.UNLOCKROOT.COM
    Does not work, currently no software available to root Motorola XPRT with 2.3.5. Need custom OS install to get it. Maybe with update on One Click Root. But other than that, gotta wait.

Handy guide for rooting the XPRT on Gingerbread.

There's a Cyanogenmod 9 build out there - but there isn't much developer support so it's not a polished build.

For the link to the download that allows you to root the Motorola XPRT aka Motorola Droid Pro by Verizon along with instructions on how to set up your phone prior to rooting go to this link It works with Android Gingerbread 2.3.5. I used it on mine and verified it through 3 different verification apps and I now have super user access.