SPRINT LIED! Surprised anyone?

Makad

May 9, 2010
Visit site
Prior to the EVO, I had, with 3 lines an old sprint plan. 2000 anytime, unlimited sprint to sprint/nextel, 2 lines unlimited data, nights & weekends starting at 7PM, insurance on two lines. All for approximately $125.00 per month, taxes included. (this included a Sprint service credit of $20 for the 3rd line)
I past up many phones to keep this plan. A months ago I called sprint and asked about what discounts would carry over, they told me all. My 15% and my $20 sprint service credit. I called back 2 weeks before the EVO's release and asked again. They said yes. I told them to go ahead and set up my plan to switch to the anything data on June 4th. They did and put in my notes that the $20 discount would carry over. Of course it didn't. They don't want to do anything about their mistake. Including retentions and a retentions supervisor. Retentions supervisor told me I could return the phone and she would submit paper work to MAYBE get my old plan back. I said OK, do it, how long before I know wether I can get my plan back? She said I'll find out right now, I said, you know you cant get that old plan back, why are you acting like there is any hope of doing so? She said she would indeed check right now. She put me on hold for 2 seconds, then... Hung up on me.
With this EVO, watch sprints attitude go back to the BS it was before, now that they think they have something everyone wants.
PS, my bill will now be $40+ more, because of the evo.

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Email dan@sprint.com they are usually very helpful. Sorry you had to go through that. I have always been very happy with sprint service but not thee people that work for sprint. I had a very bad experience once almost just like yours where seven representatives misinformed me about what I was going to get. Outrageous.

Good luck with that email though. They will call you about five days after you send the email. Make sure to provide your phone number for them.

Starku

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Surprised that a large company made promises that they are no longer willing to back up? Surprised that they said anything to get you to upgrade like the serpent lied to Eve and then turned around didn't deliver. No. That sucks that that happened to you man. While I know that most people think T-Mobile is a joke, at least I've had nothing but good experiences with them. In fact, I've even had customer service reps tell me how to work around certain policies and what not not. Sometimes it's all about finding that nice rep who is both helpful and bluntly honest.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah... You also have to realize that when sprint employees say you'll get a discount or keep it... You'll have to ask many people.

Also one sprint employee told me I could get a second Evo for $275.... So disappointed after that I couldn't.

I still like Sprint more than the other three. No charges that I don't know of, but if they are, ETF can get waived.

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Prior to the EVO, I had, with 3 lines an old sprint plan. 2000 anytime, unlimited sprint to sprint/nextel, 2 lines unlimited data, nights & weekends starting at 7PM, insurance on two lines. All for approximately $125.00 per month, taxes included. (this included a Sprint service credit of $20 for the 3rd line)
I past up many phones to keep this plan. A months ago I called sprint and asked about what discounts would carry over, they told me all. My 15% and my $20 sprint service credit. I called back 2 weeks before the EVO's release and asked again. They said yes. I told them to go ahead and set up my plan to switch to the anything data on June 4th. They did and put in my notes that the $20 discount would carry over. Of course it didn't. They don't want to do anything about their mistake. Including retentions and a retentions supervisor. Retentions supervisor told me I could return the phone and she would submit paper work to MAYBE get my old plan back. I said OK, do it, how long before I know wether I can get my plan back? She said I'll find out right now, I said, you know you cant get that old plan back, why are you acting like there is any hope of doing so? She said she would indeed check right now. She put me on hold for 2 seconds, then... Hung up on me.
With this EVO, watch sprints attitude go back to the BS it was before, now that they think they have something everyone wants.
PS, my bill will now be $40+ more, because of the evo.

Don't worry, I have had similar problems as you did. I had similar discounts, a 15%, 5%, 10 credit and a 20 credit per month, 2 phones and the family 129 plan. I have been with Sprint over 11 years and have learned that Sprint does mess up your account at least once a year, at least for me. I just had this problem similar to yours up until the day before getting the EVO. First, they switch which phone numbers were eligible to get the new phone, then lost some of my discounts, etc. Sounds familiar. As you have done, you have it notated in your account. The first time around I had similar problem with a normal rep couldn't do anything, the account service (the lady was rude and said there was nothing she could do.) I have learned, not to get angry, just say thank you and hang up. Dial the Sprint number again, and talk to someone new. I finally got a very nice Account Services person and her Supervisor, who changed so I could get the EVO, reinstated my discounts and fixed my account, at least for now. It takes a little patience and retrying until you get someone that will actually help you. Don't get upset, stay calm and keep trying. As long as it is noted in your account, sooner or later your will get an account service rep that will fix everything for you.

I haven't seen my new bill yet, and there is always a chance they messed up my account again. But, I have learned it will be fixed sooner or later.

Good luck and keep trying.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
i work for a sales company in the Compliance department. our company is nowhere near as big as Sprint's and we have to record all of our phone calls which means they would most likely too. you can tell them that you would like to have them replay those calls where it was stated to you that you keep the discounts. that is somewhat illegal if they can't do that for you. you can even throw in there that you do have those calls recorded on your part (even if you dont but use this as a last resort because they might call your bluff) and plan to file a complaint the the Better Business Bureau as well as the Newspapers. They might not care about the complaint of 1 customer but they will care about their reputation to the public being tarnished.

when you call them up make sure you don't waste your time with a customer service rep, go straight to their supervisor once you call is taken. sales and customer service reps have no power and follow scripts with rebuttals all ready for your objection. You also want to sound firm but not rude. they will not go out of there way for you if you are screaming at them but they will try if you are polite and show them respect while making your point. the person answering the phone is most likely not the person who lied to you so it a little unfair for them to get reamed for it.

i am not saying this is 100% guaranteed to work but i can tell you this is probably your best chance.

808dee

May 26, 2010
dee808.blogspot.com
I have had some of those problems when talking to the reps on the phone even had them change my plan ended up with a $500 bill. After a long argument on the phone I just hung up and took my bill to the sprint store and he was surprised that i had 7 years worth of bills to back me up.They fixed my problem. At this point I record every call I have with sprint and even tell them that what I'm doing that way if I'm ever told about something that didn't happen I'll just go down to the Sprint Store and play it back for them. It kinda puts the worker on then spot to fulfill what was told to me over the phone.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member