Is sprint REALLY cheaper than Verizon?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I can say t-mobile is the cheapest now for an individual it seems. Sprints is $80 for the unlimited talk, text, and data whereas t-mobile is $70.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I can say t-mobile is the cheapest now for an individual it seems. Sprints is $80 for the unlimited talk, text, and data whereas t-mobile is $70.

I talked att down on the unlimited texting plan! So my full bill is only $80/mo while on post-paid. Pretty sweet!

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I talked att down on the unlimited texting plan! So my full bill is only $80/mo while on post-paid. Pretty sweet!

Hmn good job. Even though text data literally cost a carrier 0 dollars to transmit. Really its the biggest scam since insurance.

Still that's a pretty decent price in the second best network.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site

If you buy your phone outright, I agree...However, when you run the numbers out, Sprint is cheaper...Check this...

Sprint: $150 down on a $600.00 phone + $10.00 a month difference between T-Mob and Sprint for 24 months (Sprint is 20 months) before next upgrade = $390.00 for the phone.

T-Mob = $600.00 up front for the phone or roughly $20.00 a month for the phone until it is paid off. If you take the $70.00 + the $20.00 you're up to $90.00 for T-Mob whereas Sprint is $80.00, and you paid an extra $210.00 for the phone over Sprint.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
If you buy your phone outright, I agree...However, when you run the numbers out, Sprint is cheaper...Check this...

Sprint: $150 down on a $600.00 phone + $10.00 a month difference between T-Mob and Sprint for 24 months (Sprint is 20 months) before next upgrade = $390.00 for the phone.

T-Mob = $600.00 up front for the phone or roughly $20.00 a month for the phone until it is paid off. If you take the $70.00 + the $20.00 you're up to $90.00 for T-Mob whereas Sprint is $80.00, and you paid an extra $210.00 for the phone over Sprint.

True. I bought it outright... But I am loving the speeds. At work I'll be able to stream again :). Below is LTE then HSPA tests.

Attachments

• 1374369136126.jpg
    1374369136126.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 1374369143423.jpg
    1374369143423.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
True. I bought it outright... But I am loving the speeds. At work I'll be able to stream again :). Below is LTE then CDMA tests.

Lol I used to get hammered from you all for posting my tmobile speeds. How things have changed... Welcome to tmobile Almeuit! Can't believe you, mellimel, and I are on the same team! Nice speeds btw! Just like in Hawaii

Sent from my Coconut Wireless HTC One

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Lol I used to get hammered from you all for posting my tmobile speeds. How things have changed... Welcome to tmobile Almeuit! Can't believe you, mellimel, and I are on the same team! Nice speeds btw! Just like in Hawaii

Lol :eek:. Yeah I am glad you kept at it though.. Got me to try em out.. Otherwise I wouldn't of. Now I have a few buddies with Sprint at work that are talking about switching as well. :).

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Lol :eek:. Yeah I am glad you kept at it though.. Got me to try em out.. Otherwise I wouldn't of. Now I have a few buddies with Sprint at work that are talking about switching as well. :).

How do you like your new carrier btw? I mean your speeds with hspa+ as back up along with lte?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
How do you like your new carrier btw? I mean your speeds with hspa+ as back up along with lte?

They are awesome. I get about 30 down and 20 up on LTE and then 6-14 Mbit down on HSPA with like 2-4 up. I enjoy having data everywhere lol.

Also I love the wifi calling... My house for some reason kills all cell phones so that solves the issue at the house.. Around town it's awesome. I can't wait for work Monday to test LTE there... Streaming HQ music will be awesome :).

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Can you please move your T-mobile love fest to the proper forum?

My sister in law tried T-mobile. It was awesome until she got 1 mile out of town and then got no signal whatsoever! Take a good look at the T-mobile coverage map before switching. Ymmv!

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Can you please move your T-mobile love fest to the proper forum?

My sister in law tried T-mobile. It was awesome until she got 1 mile out of town and then got no signal whatsoever! Take a good look at the T-mobile coverage map before switching. Ymmv!

Everyone and anyone is welcome any where on the forums. A lot of this information is universal. So please stay on topic and stop trolling please.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Really its the biggest scam since insurance.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

How is insurance a scam? You buy into it, then if your 600+ dollar phone has anything wrong with it orbit breaks for whatever reason, or even if you completely lose it or its stolen from you, you get a whole not her phone for less than a third of the cost.

I used to work in wireless and I can't tell you how many times a week we would have people getting their phones stolen. It's a regular thing these days.

Then with the rain, water damage has happened a lot lately, and some people actually lose their phone. Now the losing part is just irresponsibility, I've never "lost" a phone, I keep it too close to me. I've had one stolen at gunpoint but if it's something within my power it won't happen to me phone.

The real scam is having to pay 650 for a phone that costs about 200 to make

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I wasn't talking about cell phone insurance, that's about the only insurance that gets it right. I meant the other forms of insurance, particularly auto insurance.

You pay all this money every month in the hopes that you will get to be able to use it. Then when you get in an accident your rate either goes up, or if the claim is to high they drop you. And to top it all off they blacklist your credit, to make it harder to get insurance.

You can kinda see what I'm talking about if you live in a state where auto insurance is mandatory to have a license, like Ohio.

Sent from my paranoid s3...

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Everyone and anyone is welcome any where on the forums. A lot of this information is universal. So please stay on topic and stop trolling please.

In a Sprint forum thread discussing whether Sprint is cheaper than Verizon, two people are going on and on about how wonderful T-Mobile is, and I'm accused of trolling and not staying on topic?!? Wow!

And apparently everyone is welcome except for someone who points out they are not staying on topic to the forum or the thread!

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
True. I bought it outright... But I am loving the speeds. At work I'll be able to stream again :). Below is LTE then HSPA tests.

I think once my ETF is down to $250.00 I'll be switching over to T-Mobile like I just did from Verizon, back to Sprint. We have good T-Mob coverage out here.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramhja11