using Attrix or Attrix 2 on AT&T prepaid

warjo1

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I am currently using the ATRIX on a gophone sim and everthing works fine. Bought an ATRIX 2 and assumed it would work, the only things that do work is voice and basic text nothing to do with data will function off of wifi. I spoke with at&t tech support and with gophone persons (3 of them) they cannot provision pre paid sim to allow data to work. ..All things are subject to change.
Got a sugestion on another site for APN settings did a google search and now data and mms is working

Last edited:

Suroky

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Yes it works. As warjo1 wrote before me, you just need to add the correct APN.
I got my Atrix 2 and experienced the very same issue, only voice and sms worked out the box. While in the store, the guy at the front desk, provided a new sim card, didn't worked. He called another guy, this guy said: LTE wont work on prepaid yet. I told him: This phone is not LTE is just HSPA+, he said, 4g is only LTE, so your Atrix 2 is LTE. After that affirmation, I said: OK man, thanks, bye!, walked 4 steps outside the store, went to access points, added the one I remembered from my old phone and voila!!!!
It is just amazing how the ATT Reps know nothing about the phones they sell.

The very same day I went to a Verizon store to play with the Droid Razr, it was amazin how the guy knew everything about that phone and also about mine... :) better reps at verizon? probably!!

ivy582

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Just did my research for myself..ran across this post and then found this...[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwxCMwKlmug[/YT]
= )
super easy
and I just got a flood of my whole last week of mms messages
hope this helps

ivy582

May 10, 2012
Visit site
just to clarify..from this guys video it seems he got the internet working...my internet without my own home wifi connection appeared to work for a few minutes?? but now its on the mms ...as long as i can get mms thats good enough for me...but if anyone else knows about possibly getting internet without the open wifi please add