csv file

vettenut

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I created a contacts csv file and sent to my gmail account. Then on my Atrix HD opened gmail and received it. When I touched the attachment I got the following note. No app can open the attachment for viewing. How do I use the csv to add my contacts?

jleakey

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
I created a contacts csv file and sent to my gmail account. Then on my Atrix HD opened gmail and received it. When I touched the attachment I got the following note. No app can open the attachment for viewing. How do I use the csv to add my contacts?

You might want to just import them into your Gmail account as they will sync automatically. If your not wanting the contacts in the primary Gmail account then just create a second Gmail account, add the contacts from the csv file to that account and then add the account to your phone and have it sync the contacts.

Sent from my Toshiba Thrive using Tapatalk

jibby

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
As Jleaky mentioned, load your csv file into gmail (the website from your computer, not on your phone). When you sign into gmail on your Atrix your contacts will sync right up. :)

I am assuming you're coming from a different OS if this is being asked, so welcome to Android!..?

Also, Jleaky.. I never would have thought to set up a second account for contacts. That sounds like a great way to keep your contacts clean, and spam email address free!