Root - Stock AT&T 4.5.91 (2.3.4 Gingerbread) unrooted w/ locked b

mattyb1085

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Root - Stock AT&T 4.5.91 (2.3.4 Gingerbread) unrooted w/ lock

I am chomping at the bit to root my Atrix, but like others have asked. Is there a way to unroot this in the future for ota updates?

JohnnyUtah

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site

I too only rooted my Atrix for sideload purposes. Right now I'm back to stock Gingerbread and have no reason to root. Don't get me wrong I'm a rootaholic but with the lack of good custom ROM's for the Atrix I really see no reed to root it. I know there are half baked ROM's out there but I have no interest in them. I also would like to see Clockwork recovery on the Atrix. I guess when Cyanogen figures out how to get the official Cyanogenmod to the Atrix I'll hold off on rooting for now. The only thing I would like to do right now is screen capture but that withing itself isn't reason enough for me to root.

I believe CWM is available. There's a thread on xda that has an automated script to unlock bl, root, enable tethering, enable webtop hack, and install CWM all in one package.

odub

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

When I enter the second command fastboot flash preinstall root.img I get 'fastboot' is not an operable internal or external command. Any help would be greatly appreciated

samomamo

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site

Hi its working u have to put the files from the folders in the adb-fastboot and root in the root folder u created in the c drive.

Reactions: anon(301129)

mattyb1085

May 23, 2011
Visit site

This was my first time rooting and It worked like a charm. I followed the directions exactly and It was surprisingly easy. Thanks!

anon(301129)

May 1, 2011
www.romamexico.com

Just a note: I had to change back to the root directory before typing in:
adb shell
/preinstall/dosu

Other than that it worked perfect! Thanks!

anon(301129)

May 1, 2011
www.romamexico.com

When i run the first command in fastboot i get this

C:\root>fastboot flash preintall root.img
sending 'preintall' (32768 KB)... OKAY [ 2.113s]
writing 'preintall'... FAILED (remote: (00030003))
finished. total time: 2.113s

You need to check your spelling. It is preinstall not preintall. You forgot the s in install.

z3r0s0ulz

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

Can anybody tell me if you can unroot later on, and what are the steps in doing so. I am a beginner rooting. Thx

anon(301129)

May 1, 2011
www.romamexico.com

You can unroot by restoring your phone to factory settings. There should be no reason to unroot though.

z3r0s0ulz

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

so I just go to the phone settings and hit factory reset, and I shouldn't have issue of bricking or anything.

Nickwv87

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

Root Stock AT&T 4.5.91 (2.3.4 Gingerbread) unrooted w/ locked bootloader

[INFO]

• Download root image HERE

• Download ADB-Fastboot package HERE

• Unzip the contents of ADB-Fastboot package and root image to your C: Drive under a new folder titled root

• Turn off your device

• Hold down the power button and downward volume button until you see ?Fastboot? on your screen ? Push the upward volume button to start it
  • Open the Command Prompt on your computer
  • Type the following commands
[/INFO]

[INFO] cd C:\root
fastboot flash preinstall root.img
fastboot reboot

[/INFO]
  • Your phone will reboot. Once complete, ensure USB Debugging is enabled
  • Select "None" for USB mode. After link is made, return to command prompt and enter these:
[INFO] adb shell
/preinstall/dosu (You will see this error, but that is ok: "bash: groups: command not found root@localhost:/#")

There are deliberate spaces between some of the paths and the / in this next section
/bin/mount /system -o remount,rw
cp /preinstall/su /system/bin/su
chmod 6755 /system/bin/su
PATH=/system/bin:$PATH pm install /preinstall/Superuser.apk
[/INFO]
If Superuser is already installed, this part may fail. If you do not already have it and this part fails, download it from the Market.
  • Type "exit" and hit enter three times until the command prompt closes.
  • Unplug your phone
  • You should now be rooted!
[TIP]
Courtesy of : RootzWiki[/TIP]

[WARN]DISCLAIMER: RootzWiki nor Android Central not I are liable or responsible for any damages to your phones, you do so at your discretion[/WARN]
I am new to Android and root and have Atrix, but I do need a SD card to root my Atrix?

Nickwv87

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

It is not required just did it. everything is done in command prompt of windows.

I tried downloading the files last night and I didn't had any luck. My Toshiba is 3 years old running on Vista. I tried using my other computer running on Windows 7 and didn't had luck either. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

iangordon

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site

I tried downloading the files last night and I didn't had any luck. My Toshiba is 3 years old running on Vista. I tried using my other computer running on Windows 7 and didn't had luck either. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

I can't see any reason why not, unless your not upzipping it to the folder correctly and the command prompt isn't showing up...

Nickwv87

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
After days and hours of finding out how to put Superuser on my phone I finally did it last night!!! I'm new to this, but is there a way I can change AT&T on the upper left corner to something else or change my statusbar?

Sent from my NicksAtrix using Tapatalk

unlimited

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site

hi im new to rooting. i keep getting stuck at the waiting for device(CMD) can you guys help me? please?

llopez10

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site

I'm in the Air Force and I ended up being stationed in Guam. I would like to use my Atrix with one of the local cell phone companies would this be the correct thing to do to be able to use my Atrix with another cell phone company?

dratsablive

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

hi im new to rooting. i keep getting stuck at the waiting for device(CMD) can you guys help me? please?

When you plug in the phone into the USB port, pull down the notification bar, tap the USB connection notice, make sure its set to NONE.

Reactions: chaz_cb

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith