Root - Stock AT&T 4.5.91 (2.3.4 Gingerbread) unrooted w/ locked b

Majestik7

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: Root - Stock AT&T 4.5.91 (2.3.4 Gingerbread) unrooted w/ lock

I followed directions and was able to root the phone, but now I cant connect to 3G/4G. I can only get edge to occasionally connect. I've checked that the APNs are correct and have even tried a factory reset and still have the same issue. Can anyone help me?

blopez24

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site

Mine stays on waiting for device and doesnt move after that. Is there something to do? or am i doing something wrong?

edit:

never mind its done now not sure what happen.

Last edited:

zonkerpro

May 22, 2011
Visit site

hmmm... after "cd C:\root
fastboot flash preinstall root.img
fastboot reboot " my screen is stuck with "flashing stormgr partition: PIA"

Do I just wait. egad... what have i done?

zonkerpro

May 22, 2011
Visit site

Noob. didn't see that "fastboot reboot" didn't get entered at command prompt...whew.

kjdinsd

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site

I wanted to put some info in this thread to answer the question I had before giving this a try. First off, thanks a million to all the people who figure these things out. I am definitely an "anroid" noob and even though I flashed my old Windows phones over and over I was really nervous about doing this. I followed all the instruction above and it couldn't have been easier. The question I had and couldn't find an answer for was:

Would it erase my phone? The answer is "no". After I was finished I couldn't even tell anything had changed at all. I was pretty sure I did something wrong and it didn't work because nothing on the phone changed in any way. Obviously wanting to save all the stuff on my phone I backed it up just in case but there was no need to restore. I had to search for a way to know if my phone was rooted because i couldn't tell. I found an App in the Market that let me know it was rooted.

After doing the root I am now able to activate my HotSpot feature! I'm really excited to see what other cool things my phone can do now.

Thanks again for making this so easy.

keith.t

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site

Just read the thread. Still have a few questions before I take the plunge.

I realize unrooting is as easy as a factory reset, what I'm wondering is if there is any evidence left over that will let ATT know it was rooted (I'm paying for insurance).

Can anyone recommend a "Now that you're rooted" guide? ie tips and tricks; I'm sure there are loads of things rooting will do that I can't imagine. Though I'm just doing it for webtop & screen caps, anything that will make my android experience better is always fun.

Thanks all!
Keith

MikeForMayor

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site

ok im not sure what im doing wrong it keeps telling me waiting for device i have the usb settings set to none and its in debug mode

dkloep

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site

Hey I tried rooting my phone (atrix 4g)
the system version is 4.5.91
and android version is 2.3.4
After using the root check app this message comes up:

Root Access is not properly configured or was not granted.
Superuser.apk - com.noshufou.android.su - version 2.3.6.1 - Added clear log to menu in log tab, More languages, Bugfixes is installed!
System Environment PATH: /sbin /vendor/bin /system/sbin /system/bin /system/xbin
The adb binary is set to default shell user access as a standard non-root user
Standard su binary location: ls -l /system/bin/su:
/system/bin/su: No such file or directory
Standard su binary location: ls -l /system/xbin/su:
/system/xbin/su: No such file or directory
Alternate su binary location:
/sbin/su: No such file or directory
Alternate su type binary location:
/system/xbin/sudo: No such file or directory
SU binary not found or not operating properly

Can i get a little help please ?
I followed the instructions at wiki root
Thanks!

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

Just read the thread. Still have a few questions before I take the plunge.

I realize unrooting is as easy as a factory reset, what I'm wondering is if there is any evidence left over that will let ATT know it was rooted (I'm paying for insurance).

Can anyone recommend a "Now that you're rooted" guide? ie tips and tricks; I'm sure there are loads of things rooting will do that I can't imagine. Though I'm just doing it for webtop & screen caps, anything that will make my android experience better is always fun.

Thanks all!
Keith

As far as guides go, here are some basics:
http://www.androidcentral.com/sometimes-root-isn’t-answer
http://www.androidcentral.com/rooting-it-me-some-qa
You can find more by googling it.

There first two basic things to do IMO is to enable tethering(which you can do without root I think, cant remember) and enabling Gtalk video chat over 3g. Google will lead you to directions for both.

blopez24

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site

how do i know if my bootloader is unlocked? im trying to get cynamod on but when i tried to do bootload unlocker it wont let me.

sdnn

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site

i am novice. I followed the instructions and I was able to install superuser.apk on my atrix 4g 2.3.4. Thanks

sdnn

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site

after I rooted successful my phone, I want to unlock it so I can install CWM, would you please instruct/show the next step?

sdnn

jsh61990

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site

New to the forums, not sure how this works. Does the phone need to be plugged into the computer prior to initially starting the fastboot command?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz