Locked bootloader & Tethering

btgrave

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
If you change the launcher on a MOTOBLUR phone (launcher pro or adw launcher ex), would that void MOTOBLUR's ability to remote wipe your phone when you lose your phone?

dtboos

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
If you change the launcher on a MOTOBLUR phone (launcher pro or adw launcher ex), would that void MOTOBLUR's ability to remote wipe your phone when you lose your phone?

No. Launcher replacements do nothing to the warranty, or the ability for you to access built in security measures. They simply change the default home screens.

btgrave

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
No. Launcher replacements do nothing to the warranty, or the ability for you to access built in security measures. They simply change the default home screens.

Really? cause the motoblur vids always say that their whole "cloud" style system of restoring phones and remote wiping them are only through the motoblur interface

btgrave

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Awesome! Thanks guys!
Sweet, I get to change up launchers whenever I want/feel bored while keeping that security thing (if I ever need it)... Well, that solidifies it for me then. Atrix is my next phone :D

john_v

Q&A Team
Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
That makes two of us :cool:

You mean 3 of us, right? :p

The locked bootloader isn't worrying me at this time...I realize there are people that will be turned away by it and that is their right and choice :cool: I'm sure there will be some geniuses who can crack it!

uberspeed

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
You mean 3 of us, right? :p

The locked bootloader isn't worrying me at this time...I realize there are people that will be turned away by it and that is their right and choice :cool: I'm sure there will be some geniuses who can crack it!

My lack of patience (though Runs with scissors beats me on this one lol) has already mailed in my reservation on this beast.

ka3yan

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Oh me wants the Atrix!!! I'm really excited to get this device!! My first non-BlackBerry smartphone...and my first touch screen phone!! :D