Atrix or bionic - if networks didn't matter

danielkogan

May 19, 2010
Visit site
What if the bionic came out with all the same compatible docks and laptops ? It just sucks that AT&T is advertising a fake 4g network, it's the slowest out of all now with just hspa+ ... . Even tho I enjoy my evo and barely ever use the 4g due to battery life.

blopez24

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
What if the bionic came out with all the same compatible docks and laptops ? It just sucks that AT&T is advertising a fake 4g network, it's the slowest out of all now with just hspa+ ... . Even tho I enjoy my evo and barely ever use the 4g due to battery life.

Again forget the network! Is it that hard?! Besides the bionic doesn't have the docks the atrix. Were not stipulating here what if. It's simple question would you get the atrix or bionic regardless of network. The atrix has it's docks the bionic doesn't.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
idk man. Network matters here in the mountains. I would take the Atrix, sure, but I would never use that dock function. (to many PCs/laptops as is)

Hand_O_Death

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
If both were on VZW LTE I would go Atrix just because of the cool fingerprint scanner.
I like the boinic with the larger screen though. I would not be buying the webtop notebook addon anyways though for the Atrix so that part is a wash with me.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
You all putting to much into the memory. The latest I've heard is as a standard phone you have 512 just Bionic. Plug into the dock u have 1gb. Which makes more since. And Bionic because DROID does It better.

TheOnlyMorgan

May 17, 2010
Visit site
You all putting to much into the memory. The latest I've heard is as a standard phone you have 512 just Bionic. Plug into the dock u have 1gb. Which makes more since. And Bionic because DROID does It better.

They're both made by Motorola..branding doesn't mean crap when the experience is going to be so closely similar on both phones. Just different network technologies.

I would go with the Atrix. The dock accessories are cool. Plug it into a monitor with KB/M and turn on WiFi and a nice little nettop. Good stuff.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Just read a rumor on mdw that atrix may be coming to VZW 4th quarter this year. Could be a nice fit with 4inch screen

Sent from DroidX running DarkSlide4.2

IceDree

= I C E D R E E = ?
Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Atrix , the Bionic looks like a Defy on a steroids to me (which is a great looking phone) & its not Black (that's a deal breaker for me)
I'll get the HD dock only for now

blopez24

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
+1. Big draw for me is the Atrix Laptop dock. That's a great idea.

I wasnt looking at the laptop dock before but now i seem to be looking at it more. Does anyone know if i can use Microsoft word or a similar program. No need for laptop if i can.

dzervit

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I wasnt looking at the laptop dock before but now i seem to be looking at it more. Does anyone know if i can use Microsoft word or a similar program. No need for laptop if i can.

Nope. But you can use a Citrix client to your desktop or cloud. Either that or use Google Docs via Firefox for light-duty work.

dtboos

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Atrix.

1. Cameras: I'm sure they will both be quite usable, and the 5mp may be optically similar, or even better than the Bionics 8mp camera. It won't bother me if its not quite AS good, so long as its good.
2. Form factor: I prefer the 4" screen over the 4.3" screen, and the pixel density is higher on the Atrix (same resolution, smaller screen size).
3. Finger Print Scanner - I have been waiting for this on a phone for a long time. Not necessary, but just like on my laptops, I really think its nice to have.
4. Webtop application - this is the future of how most people will compute. I am excited, and can see myself using this whenever I travel and then some. This is the big one for me.
5. More RAM - 1GB vs 512MB. This won't be much of an issue for most people yet, but when we start using it like a laptop with the dock ect, it will definitely be something you will see a difference with.

textiaac

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Atrix.

1. Cameras: I'm sure they will both be quite usable, and the 5mp may be optically similar, or even better than the Bionics 8mp camera. It won't bother me if its not quite AS good, so long as its good.
2. Form factor: I prefer the 4" screen over the 4.3" screen, and the pixel density is higher on the Atrix (same resolution, smaller screen size).
3. Finger Print Scanner - I have been waiting for this on a phone for a long time. Not necessary, but just like on my laptops, I really think its nice to have.
4. Webtop application - this is the future of how most people will compute. I am excited, and can see myself using this whenever I travel and then some. This is the big one for me.
5. More RAM - 1GB vs 512MB. This won't be much of an issue for most people yet, but when we start using it like a laptop with the dock ect, it will definitely be something you will see a difference with.

+1

Also the Atrix comes out in q1 while that bionic comes out late q2/early Q3, meaning the atrix will be "current technology" that much longer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress