February 22 ???

corneliusm

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Did you use a debit card, you were supposed to use a credit card. My premiere rep told me that if I didnt use a credit card the transaction would be rejected in a week or two.
Might be different for premier customers, but all of my previous phones (preordered) were bought with my debit card.

tb123

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Email i have gotten from premier

email.png

ka3yan

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
So much for them delivering the pre-orders on the 21st then huh? That definitely sounds like there is no intent to deliver them on the 21st. I've now been on hold for 1hr 20mins trying to get some answers about why the pending charge for my pre-order changed amount. This whole experience has been awful.

DCad

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
So much for them delivering the pre-orders on the 21st then huh? That definitely sounds like there is no intent to deliver them on the 21st. I've now been on hold for 1hr 20mins trying to get some answers about why the pending charge for my pre-order changed amount. This whole experience has been awful.
So much for "Premier" customer service...

It really seems pretty evident they dropped the ball on this whole thing.

frogstofall

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Geez. Reading all these responses is actually kinda funny...

"The world is over b/c I'm not getting my phone on Feb XYZ!!"

Seriously... Everyone calm down. You'll get your phone. If I was THAT worried over it, I'd just walk in the store, buy ANOTHER one and then return the one that comes later in the mail.

Bada Bing, Bada Boom.

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
For those worried about the charge coming and going from your account, I spoke with a Premier Rep yesterday and he told me

a) that they run a temporary charge to make sure your account is valid/active.
b) that charge then drops off and a new charge will show up just prior to your items shipping
(this isn't to say that your charge will drop off...i think different banks have different temp hold times and AT&T might go ahead and tell your bank to process the debit)

so, for those like myself and ka3yan who saw the charge hanging there for days and then it disappeared and reappeared today...I'm thinking we should see a shipping notification by 3 CST today.

@ka3yan...what was the difference in your amounts? maybe there is something that is backordered on the order that won't ship with the rest of it. is there anything you ordered that is priced to make up the difference?

anon(41845)

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I just called back again hoping to try my luck with a different customer service rep and manager...and they told me the same thing. Consumer pre-orders would be shipped on the 6th. She stated that AT&T is managing their available stock for these phones and that the only thing she could offer for me is to cancel my online order and let me go into the store and try my luck with getting a phone there on the 22nd.

I can not believe this. The worst pre-order experience ever.

EJL1980

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Might be different for premier customers, but all of my previous phones (preordered) were bought with my debit card.

I believe the reason they don't want debit cards used is the pre auth may still be holding funds and may cause some with low balances to be rejected. Also some banks have a dollar cap on how much can be check carded at once and that could cause the card to be rejected as well (used to work at a bank)

megamanexent

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I believe the reason they don't want debit cards used is the pre auth may still be holding funds and may cause some with low balances to be rejected. Also some banks have a dollar cap on how much can be check carded at once and that could cause the card to be rejected as well (used to work at a bank)

With my debit card, i charged $4000 for a purchase and no one even batted an eye. So I think I should be alright.

blopez24

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
With my debit card, i charged $4000 for a purchase and no one even batted an eye. So I think I should be alright.

I went on a spree once spent about 2grand my bank put a hold on my account because they felt it was suspicious activity. But never had a hold on anything else. hey said suspicious because i went to like five different stores lol.

Tom S.

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
This premier crap is annoying. I spend around $300/month with AT&T for all of my phones and data devices. I get business level support for all of my devices. But, I don't even get put even a little bit to the front of the queue for this pre-order? Yeah, I know it's the way their system works (probably), but it is still annoying.

corneliusm

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
FWIW the charge went through according to the bank. It's no longer pending. Don't have a tracking # and my order still says in progress. Btw, I'm a regular customer, not premier.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Tom S.

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Geez. Reading all these responses is actually kinda funny...

"The world is over b/c I'm not getting my phone on Feb XYZ!!"

Seriously... Everyone calm down. You'll get your phone. If I was THAT worried over it, I'd just walk in the store, buy ANOTHER one and then return the one that comes later in the mail.

Bada Bing, Bada Boom.

The excitement is part of the marketing campaign that AT&T and Motorola are creating. So, if you create excitement amongst potential customers making them want it as soon as they can and open preordering at 11PM , then you deserve to get blasted for potentially shafting a portion of the preorder group. Note that I said potentially.

Update --> I just called AT&T and the Customer rep told me that they had just received an email stating that all customers who preordered the phone before 3 PM today (EST), will receive their phones on the 21st. Good deal.

Last edited:

qwerty1

Banned
Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I also called AT&T (I am a regular customer) and they also informed me that customers who preorder before 3PM EST today will get their phones on the 21st. I asked a few questions and asked if this applies to ALL customers or just the Premier class customers, and he said "all customers", so hopefully this is good news. Now when I asked if AT&T will do anything for us in terms of compensation if they don't meet this date: he said he does not know at this time. Hopefully we'll all get our phones on time on the slated Monday date in their memo.

urbannaja

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
ATT's customer service must be pretty disorganized. I called and spoke to three different reps and they all tell me the March 6th crap. I've yet to get one who even knows about the "rumors" of a 22 Feb date.

blopez24

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I also called AT&T (I am a regular customer) and they also informed me that customers who preorder before 3PM EST today will get their phones on the 21st. I asked a few questions and asked if this applies to ALL customers or just the Premier class customers, and he said "all customers", so hopefully this is good news. Now when I asked if AT&T will do anything for us in terms of compensation if they don't meet this date: he said he does not know at this time. Hopefully we'll all get our phones on time on the slated Monday date in their memo.

Technically if they can't meet it they have a right not to ship to some customers. Why? Because the original ship date was march 6 when orders where placed. So your getting it early is a bonus not a necessity. So I don't think feeling like your owed or need compensation for not getting it on the 22nd.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez