password/fingerprint lock timer

Varun124

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I cant seem to access the security lock timer option, i went to location and security but the timer option is faded and i cant click it. I want to change the setting on when the phone asks for my fingerprint.. any ideas?

EJL1980

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I cant seem to access the security lock timer option, i went to location and security but the timer option is faded and i cant click it. I want to change the setting on when the phone asks for my fingerprint.. any ideas?

It seems you can only access it when the security is off?

Reactions: Varun124

hotleadsingerguy

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand what you're looking for at all...

It asks for fingerprint scan/password after it locks. If you set it to lock the screen after 2 minutes (timeout under Display) then after 2 minutes you'll have to unlock the phone again (using a fingerprint or password).

EJL1980

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand what you're looking for at all...

It asks for fingerprint scan/password after it locks. If you set it to lock the screen after 2 minutes (timeout under Display) then after 2 minutes you'll have to unlock the phone again (using a fingerprint or password).

I believe he wants what I want.

On a blackberry you can have the screen off without the security kicking in. Having a 2 minute timeout isn't great for battery life. I don't mind putting in my pw every two minutes, but i'd prefer my screen turn off after 15 seconds, but only need a pw if its not touched for 5 or more minutes.

Varun124

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I believe he wants what I want.

On a blackberry you can have the screen off without the security kicking in. Having a 2 minute timeout isn't great for battery life. I don't mind putting in my pw every two minutes, but i'd prefer my screen turn off after 15 seconds, but only need a pw if its not touched for 5 or more minutes.

yep exactly, i just switched from a bold. its annoying to have to swipe your finger every 30 seconds you put your phone down.

ill try turning security off and seeing if that helps

update: didnt work, option is disabled if you use fingerprint

Last edited: