Remove new phone call timer in notifications panel

pj737

May 8, 2017
Visit site
After the most recent update pushed to my phone yesterday, I get this annoying phone call timer that takes up my entire notifications panel at the top whenever I'm on a phone call. So I can't see while on a call whether I receive an email or text etc as I use those subtle notifications to notify me.

Is there any way to get rid of this ridiculous timer that was never there before? I tried call settings and there's no option to turn it off. Very annoying.

Thanks in advance for any help.

pj737

May 8, 2017
Visit site
Am I the only one that got this weird call timer that blocks all my notifications in the notification bar when on a phone call? I can't seem to find anyone else mentioning about it online.

pj737

May 8, 2017
Visit site
Thank you for your reply. As you can see by the screenshot whenever I'm on a phone call and navigate out from the call screen this green timer pops up and blocks all my notifications so I'm unable to see any notifications pop up on the notification panel while on a call and using the phone. I tried everything to get rid of it but can't figure it out.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230305_102544_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230305_102544_Chrome.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 36

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thank you for your reply. As you can see by the screenshot whenever I'm on a phone call and navigate out from the call screen this green timer pops up and blocks all my notifications so I'm unable to see any notifications pop up on the notification panel while on a call and using the phone. I tried everything to get rid of it but can't figure it out.
That's by system default I don't see a way to turn it off

Sent from my SM-S918U using AC Forums mobile app

dribnus

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
I would like to see something to address this as well. It covers notifications while on call. It only happens if you go to the home screen or turn off screen while on call, then it appears in the notification bar.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I would like to see something to address this as well. It covers notifications while on call. It only happens if you go to the home screen or turn off screen while on call, then it appears in the notification bar.
Probably be best to reach out to Google/Samsung

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks, I don't think they ever solve anything. I'll wait till someone comes up with a workaround.
I always send feedback to them , if they listen or not .

Example ive been complaining to Samsung about AOD staying high on battery status even though i get great battery life it shouldn't be . This was my s23u.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, I don't think they ever solve anything. I'll wait till someone comes up with a workaround.
You'd be surprised. There have been quite a few times that I sent feedback to Google about a glitch or a feature, and some point later found that it had been fixed or implemented. Obviously, feedback from just one person won't make a big difference when it comes to features, but if enough people contact them, it may spur them to action.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I get that on my Pixel 7 Pro. It doesn't take up the entire notification bar, but it does take up maybe 3 slots.

Reactions: dribnus

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter