Upgrade Elegibility

Dantastic

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Just a quick question. I deleted most of the ATT bloatware, along with the NFS demo and the blockbuster app. By doing so, will this deny me an upgrade for when ever Moto and ATT decide to send Gingerbread out?

Lason

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Lol no, the only thing that will keep you from getting OTA updates is if you root and flash to a custom rom.

Sent from my Atrix using Tapatalk

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
No. Once your root you have no more rights to any downloads or updates. You should choose wisely....

:) lol Just kidding buddy. Yes, even rooted you will still get the notification. As long as your not like deleting system files and whatnot.

WilliamC

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
No. Once your root you have no more rights to any downloads or updates. You should choose wisely....

:) lol Just kidding buddy. Yes, even rooted you will still get the notification. As long as your not like deleting system files and whatnot.

Those with root may need to unroot in order to update. It all depends on what checks moto puts in place. Unrooting is as simple as rooting was, you even use the same software. After you update you can then root again.

Dantastic

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Lol no, the only thing that will keep you from getting OTA updates is if you root and flash to a custom rom.

Sent from my Atrix using Tapatalk

Alright, thanks...Not new to android or anything, but seeing as how no other carrier or handset maker allowed me to remove bloatware, I was curious, lol:p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa