Another issue. So Long Atrix!

Brademcee

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
This phone is just not meant for me. I was having major battery issues so I was told to do a factory reset. Now when I sync my exchange contacts I am not getting any contact photos. Very annoying! I think this phone needs to go back. Too bad!

Unless anyone has any ideas. I already tried to delete all accounts and then add back in my exchange account. However, still no contact photos.

ggong5150

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
I was having battery issues for the first few days (not lasting a day) and cycled the battery and charged the first 2 days for 12 hours and changed screen timeout from a minute to 30 seconds and now no issues at all with the battery and lasts longer than a day.
As for contact photos I just sync with Facebook.

Brademcee

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Oh. And how can any of you be okay with buying a device with 4G in the name and HSPA+ as a feature and have slow download speeds and piss poor upload speeds. Does AT&T just think we are all stupid? Now, I am not saying this phone sucks, it's just that as an early adopter I am sick of being crapped on by service providers and manufacturers.

Brademcee

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Not to keep replying to my own thread but I did find a post to a Motorola Forum from a Droid Pro owner in late December and a Motorola tech answered that it's not supported yet with exchange contacts. How can you not have contact photo syncing enabled/working with exchange accounts and then feel empowered to put Motoblur over stock android which has no problems doing this. Come on Motorola! I want to love you.... Your US based, in my hometown and a great survivor story.

EJL1980

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Oh. And how can any of you be okay with buying a device with 4G in the name and HSPA+ as a feature and have slow download speeds and piss poor upload speeds. Does AT&T just think we are all stupid? Now, I am not saying this phone sucks, it's just that as an early adopter I am sick of being crapped on by service providers and manufacturers.

Because I dont' consider this a 4G phone, never will, AT&T's HSPA+ network isnt' even rolled out anyway. I knew this going in, and its still a great phone.

Reactions: Jonneh

MythrilFork

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I have a limited data plan, so I have no use for any faster download speeds. It loads high quality youtube videos plenty fast enough. As for the upload, if I ever find myself annoyed by it, I am sure there is a way to fix that if it's rooted, at least that was the case on the captivate.

nomad005

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Brad, are you sure you aren't a Verizon Rep? ;-)

Unlock it and switch carriers. I'm getting Virgin's plan, 25$ a month, 300 minutes, and unlimited for the rest.

Brademcee

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Brad, are you sure you aren't a Verizon Rep? ;-)

Unlock it and switch carriers. I'm getting Virgin's plan, 25$ a month, 300 minutes, and unlimited for the rest.

Too funny. Actually that has been the one network I have never been with but considering making the jump at some point. I like t-mobile and Sprint and sometimes at&t but something is rubbing me wrong with this whole hspa+ speed inconsistency.

I think that the Atrix is honestly more of the problem for me at this point. I am disappointed with Motoblur contact management or lack of contact photo syncing and copy/paste missing from email. It's not a bad phone just not enough for me to give up my iPhone 4 or t-mobile mytouch4G (for work).

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

Reactions: DaSpitter

FORDOC

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I returned my Atrix today after numerous problems. Reps quietly took my phone and reactivated my old one.

I will never buy an at&t device again. I will continue to buy unlocked devices that work on the network.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevinrshay1984