Atrix Update: Version 4.1.57 ......

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
does anybody have an answer for me. I just flashed it with the sbf so that i could download the update. now it says im on version 4.1.52 (wat is that?) and im not getting an update

Are you sure it doesnt say 4.1.57? Go into Settings>About Phone>System Update. And see if that prompts a new update for you. Although I have never herd of 4.1.52. The new update is 4.1.57

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
when I go to setting>about phone>system version>Version.4.1.52.MB860.ATT.en.US

Did you flash the right SBF file? I think that thread had 2 in there. I would recommend you go to the thread (On XDA) and ask those guys there about that. Im not sure, but that wasnt the original code number for the OS without the new update. I would check with the XDA guys.

mikefish96

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Yea I flashed the wrong SBF file. no big deal though. I was wondering how to keep all my apps and configured things here when I flash it with the right one? I hate having to redo everything i have done.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
You should be able to flash the original ROM back onto your phone, aroot, follow those steps to save superuser, update, and restore superuser.

Thank you for the tip. Not sure if I want to go through that. Only because I feel as if soon, theres gonna be an easier way to get root back on the device. Not sure, but thats normally the track record of these situations.

plasticglock

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for the tip. Not sure if I want to go through that. Only because I feel as if soon, theres gonna be an easier way to get root back on the device. Not sure, but thats normally the track record of these situations.

That and there is just going to be another update soon. (We hope!)

hawkns

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
No problem with update here, I was rooted and just ran the normal update.

It did end up un-rooting me, but the update installed fine.

aa62579

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Grrr... It won't download until I have wifi. I don't ever have wifi. "Download will start when connected to a wifi network." What if the answer is never?

plasticglock

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Grrr... It won't download until I have wifi. I don't ever have wifi. "Download will start when connected to a wifi network." What if the answer is never?

Just pull up in front of a starbucks. My phone automatically connects to their wifi if I walk by one in the mall, or drive through the drive though. Heck I stopped at an intersection one time and it hooked up to some att hotspot. I'm not even sure where it was!

aa62579

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Just pull up in front of a starbucks. My phone automatically connects to their wifi if I walk by one in the mall, or drive through the drive though. Heck I stopped at an intersection one time and it hooked up to some att hotspot. I'm not even sure where it was!

I am in a very rural area, so not one close, but might have to make the trip to get it done.

ka3yan

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I just drove down to a McDonalds and there was an AT&T hotspot there. I did the shawnbuck (XDA) root method for the update and it worked perfectly. So now I have the update AND root! yay!!!

GenTsoChicken

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
That's exactly what I did, went over to a Starbucks after I was getting a notification every hour for the update.

It went successful without any glitches. I was very impress since this is my first update on an Android. I was used to the complicated process of updating on a Blackberry.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non