LauncherPro effect on speed

Cootie

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Will using LauncherPro increase speed on the phone, will it be the same, or will it slow the phone down?

I have heard people say that when they installed LauncherPro on the phone it made it actually smoother, faster, and seem more powerful. :eek:

attweco

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I really didn't have any use for the features of Blur, and I found it to be an impediment. I very quickly went to LauncherPro, and I was delighted at the improvement in the UI experience. Furthermore, since I don't use "social networking" apps(I use my Atrix mostly for business), using just the free version of LauncherPro was all I really needed.

In my case, adding LauncherPro made my Atrix noticeably faster and more responsive.

anon306512

May 6, 2011
Visit site
I have to agree attweco. Although it doesn't really increase the speed of the phone, you're basically dealing with a different interface - one which seems to be coded better than Blur.

Try out the free version and see if you like it! I upgraded to pro because I like the calendar and contacts widget.

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
I used launcher pro for a couple of weeks. The only reason I stopped using it is it acts a bit strange with the Atrix's Qhd screen. The developer needs to update it for the higher resolution. Weather bug for instance was left justified on my screen. It looked wierd enough to bother me every time I turned the screen on. As far as speed goes, I have yet to find anything that slows the Atrix down so no worries there.

In regards to motoblur, go to accounts and select the motor blur accounts you signed up for and either delete them or set them to not update. I wanted to use the Moto facebook so the pictures would sync. But I could not find a setting for update intervals which led me to beleive it's updating more than I would like. So I dont use it.

ross.lafferty

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Are you referring about removing motoblur all together? I've looked fairly extensively and not seen a simple way to remove the application as it extends through much of the Atrix's OS.

Personally, I used launcherpro for about a week or so. I loved it, it was definitely as fast as blur (if not faster). I only stopped using it when I flashed to GingerBlur 3.1 as the default launcher interface was ample for me. And since GingerBlur removed most of motoblur's roots in the OS I doubt I will reload launcherpro. But to reiterate, I loved it while I had it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38