going back to captivate based rom

b.roberts

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Currently on serendipity VII. I love it. Stable, fast and looks nice. However, I am a carpenter and all the background noise is making voice calls impossible for both myself and the person I am talking to. I would like to stay with a gb based rom. I was thinking maybe Illuminance. Do I need to flash different bootloaders? Currently, gb Bootloaders came from i9000. I don't know if that makes a difference.

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
You should flash the i897 bootloaders, yes. I would do the KH3 package with bootloaders and CWM injected kernel to make the flash to the ROM you really want easy.

I have not tried the newer i897 builds, so can't recommend one over another.

nbell978

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Currently on serendipity VII. I love it. Stable, fast and looks nice. However, I am a carpenter and all the background noise is making voice calls impossible for both myself and the person I am talking to. I would like to stay with a gb based rom. I was thinking maybe Illuminance. Do I need to flash different bootloaders? Currently, gb Bootloaders came from i9000. I don't know if that makes a difference.

Illuminace 3.0 is a pretty good ROM. I ran it for a few days, pretty fast and smooth. As far as bootloaders go, I would follow loraque's instructions.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87