phone keeps going to silent
03-07-2014 09:37 PM
- I am notvery android smart at all....so please be patient with me..... I love my Captivate but miss lots of calls because I do not like the default ringtones so of course I went to the market downloaded songs and make them into ringtones. If I do not turn off my phone often it will go to silent and when I try to play the songs or ringtones it says unable to play..or read format . Has anyone else had this trouble? Any help will be greatly appreciated.............................11-21-2011 05:55 PM
- Ringtones and Notifications are in different sound formats, so if your app is allowing you to pick things that perhaps the phone does not like, I can see it saying something about the format being wrong. Not sure about the phone going to silent... I would stop using that app . I think you can set a custom ringtone for each contact without an additional app.
I would look into Ringdroid as an app that can convert any normal sound file to either a ringtone or notification. It should get around the format trouble you are having, then you can just set custom tones. Hopefully that silent issue is app related.11-22-2011 10:47 AM
- I usually have mine on silent, but I put the app "No Led" which IMO is a great app for notifications, but after the fact.
While the phone is locked it will display icons for missed calls/emails/text. Great feature if you have pictures with your contacts it will display the pic of the individual that called you or text you.
But I agree with lorque on changing your ringtone app.
Like I mention this app notifies you after the fact.11-22-2011 11:04 AM
- 11-23-2011 09:41 PM
- I had same issue. I have a chinese iphone copy whiich looks identical to the iphone in every way except it's android 2.3.3 It was going to silent mode by itself, or so I thought. When the the phone goes to sleep it is not in silent mode. Soon as you wake it up it is in silent mode. The reason for this is the top button above the volume buttons used for wake up has another function, it switches silent mode on or off depending what state it's in before you press it to wake up. So your phone is asleepand you wake it up by pressing the button...... you have just put it in silent mode without knowing. To fix the problem, if the vibrate indicator is showing on the toolbar press the wakeup button and it's sorted. So simple isn't it, but it foxed me for weeks. Also , now I don't use that button, I use the power button instead. A quick press wakes it up or puts it to bed and it does't affect the mode.07-20-2012 04:15 PM
- I have finally found how to fix my LG Optimus 5 silence mode issue! I have downloaded an app called Battery Doctor. There is a setting in the main "mode" that had a silence on/off button. Mine was set to on. I changed it to off and I have had complete control over my sound ever since!!
Sioboop03-07-2014 09:37 PM
- Samsung Android Phones
- More Samsung Phones
- Samsung Galaxy S
- AT&T Captivate
phone keeps going to silent
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD