phone wearing out

bimfi

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I hope that I am in the right forum for this question. I have had my captivate since Dec 2010. It is rooted and unlocked, running Froyo 2.2. Recently, I have noticed that the batteries (have about 4 of them) are not lasting very long. Anyway, yesterday after having the phone charging for a while, I powered it off. When I tried to power it back up, it would not come on. I tried different batts, with the same result. I finally got it to power back up, but I think the usb port is wearing out. If I try to connect it to my PC, the PC does not recognize the phone, although in the past it did. I have since backed up the phone using Titanium Backup Pro. I wanted to restore it to stock so that I could take it to AT&T. The problem is that I cannot restore it using Oden (or Odin?) because I cannot connect it to any of my PCs. Is it necessary to use the third party software to restore it, or can I just update the phone to the latest OS. I know when I originally updated from 2.1 to 2.2 it unrooted and relocked the phone. Would that still happen if I could find another OS? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member