How's your Battery Life?

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
67% now after 5:30 hours of moderate usage (setup mobile banking, a few phone calls, about 15 emails and used GPS and google maps for 10 minutes or so)

Much better than yesterday... but still worried about how much the display uses. I have it set to auto-brightness, but don't have wifi in the office.

I ran it dead on purpose yesterday, then recharged to 100% (charging slows way down after 85%) and plan to do that again today.

Any suggestions?

You are doing all you can do honestly. Doesn't seem like this screen saves any battery life IMHO. I've been keeping mine off auto-brightness and keeping it low.

anneoneamouse

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm showing 1m 1s of phone call ate 4% battery.

Assuming fully charged, nothing else running, that's only 25.4 minutes of talk time - not even 10% of the spec'd 5.5 hours.

Ugh.

AoN

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site

Assuming fully charged, nothing else running, that's only 25.4 minutes of talk time - not even 10% of the spec'd 5.5 hours.

Ugh.

AoN

Live wallpapers eat a surprisingly large amount of battery. I had a mario wallpaper and it drained the battery 40% in 2.5 hours. lame

cobra302

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
well, i'm trying a new approach now. i had tweetcaster set to check every 5 minutes, chnanged to 1 hour, had the weather channel widget thing in the notification bar that i think updates every 5 minutes, got rid of that. also had facebook set not to every 2 hours, lowered the brightness, and changed my greader settings as well, lets see what happens.

Joeybear23

May 13, 2010
Visit site

Ugh.

AoN

I think you may be reading the meter wrong.
Look at this:

15b0bc34.png

The meter says 21% usage for voice calls.... it doesn't mean the voice calls account for 21% of total battery life, rather it just accounts for 21% of what has been used since the last time I had a charger plugged in (whether I fully charged or just plugged in to transfer a file real quick)

Reactions: gohangel

anneoneamouse

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Last time I plugged in, I had charged to 100%.

Tapping on the "Voice Calls" for details, the legend under the graphic (which for me indicates 4%) says "Battery used by voice calls", and use details "Time on 1m 1s".

Which is how I arrived at (1 & 1/60) * 100 / 4 ~ 25.4 minutes

I'm not sure how else to interpret this?

AoN

cedarstud

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
what battery widget/program does everyone use? I'm using BatteryTime Lite, but I have a feeling it's not reporting the % left correctly...

Joeybear23

May 13, 2010
Visit site

Tapping on the "Voice Calls" for details, the legend under the graphic (which for me indicates 4%) says "Battery used by voice calls", and use details "Time on 1m 1s".

AoN

...so it showed using 4% when you hit zero battery?

alias3800

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site

AoN

Quick question: Did you check directly after charging the phone? (As in, your battery went from 100-96% in about a minute and change.)

anthonok

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Soo I'm new to android and it may even be something I have installed. But when I have less than 10 percent battery I can't open the music player it just close and says low battery .anyone else have this?

Joeybear23

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Out of nowhere my battery is phenomenal. Don't know why, didn't change anything. Its been holding at 77% for a good hour now. epic

Mine's been unplugged for 3:45 and with moderate usage today I am at 85% now...

Yesterday I went from 6:00 AM until 7:30 PM before it finally died with moderate usage and no plugging in.

So it seems to be getting better.

Also, Froyo should help with battery life if it makes the processor work less (as is suggested by the benchmarks).

But the biggest power sucker is the display...

Joeybear23

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Another thing that may help with display drain:

Anytime you set down the phone, just hit the power button first to put it into locked mode. It turns off the display immediately, rather than waiting for the 30 second delay.

30 seconds may not seem like much, but it adds up after a while.

Simba501

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
For my first full day with my Captivate, I took it off the charger around 9am and plugged it back up close to 3am. The battery was at 20% (moderate to heavy usage). Light internet browsing, checking 2 email accounts hourly, moderate texting, moderate to heavy app usage. I think this is pretty good. I just need the phone to make it through an entire day.

My settings-

No window animations
Auto brightness OFF, and as low as it will go
Screen timeout 15 seconds (although annoying sometimes...I may change this)
Power saving mode UNCHECKED (I don't want the lcd brightness adjusted, it's already as low as it will go)
No widgets updating in the background

*Battery is a big deal to me, so all my settings are attempts to make it last as long as possible

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo