How's Battery Life.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Battery is ok. Previous phone was an iPhone 14 pro max. Not exactly a good comparison. Nevertheless, the Flip 5 is getting through the day and I'm not having to baby the battery.

Roosterman

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Battery seems to be fine. I'm not having any issues with making it thru the day. I've recently decided to do the 85% max charge to keep the battery strong for the long haul. I'll be interested to see if this causes any anxiety.

Reactions: J Dubbs

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Battery seems to be fine. I'm not having any issues with making it thru the day. I've recently decided to do the 85% max charge to keep the battery strong for the long haul. I'll be interested to see if this causes any anxiety.
I'm doing that on my Flip 3... I'm a light user, very little screen time, mostly just calls so I always had extra at the end of the day, so I figured why not try the 85% battery protection to try and make that little battery last longer.

I had some battery anxiety the first few days till I realized that extra 15% wasn't really affecting me any... it was more a mental thing. I think you'll be fine after a few days of use, when you see you can still do your normal stuff with no problem 😉

shook187

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
The battery is alot better than the flip 3 and 4 which were extremely poor from my previous experience.

Flip5 definitely doesn't give me battery anxiety like the previous flips. But I'm also not afraid to top it up anytime I get a chance. Battery health isnt a concern to me because I usually trade in my devices within a year anyway.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Yep if I traded in every year I'd always keep my phones topped up. Honestly I have always kept mine full up till the Flip, and still got good battery life. But my other phones had much bigger batteries, so even as they started to die they would still last me through the day without issue.

My Flip 3 doesn't have that much extra so I figured maybe I should try the 85% method. I'm curious to see how much difference it makes in battery longevity.

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
I'm waiting for my watch to get updated so I can switch it over without resetting it.
Oh yes good idea ... I've always wanted to try these. Samsung watches but I can't get away from my Apple Watch ..Monday will be 2 months with the Pixel Fold so I'm figuring to give it a break for the flip ...

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Oh yes good idea ... I've always wanted to try these. Samsung watches but I can't get away from my Apple Watch ..Monday will be 2 months with the Pixel Fold so I'm figuring to give it a break for the flip ...
My primary phone is the S23 Ultra, so it is nice to escape the big phone every now and again.

On topic though, I do expect battery life to be one of the things that pulls me back to the S23U.

How do you find the battery moving between iOS and Android? I hear modern iPhones have ridiculous battery life... unlike their half-day watches ;)

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
My primary phone is the S23 Ultra, so it is nice to escape the big phone every now and again.

On topic though, I do expect battery life to be one of the things that pulls me back to the S23U.

How do you find the battery moving between iOS and Android? I hear modern iPhones have ridiculous battery life... unlike their half-day watches ;)

I loved the battery on my s23u it was the best battery of all my Android phones.. and one of the best phones of the year in my opinion.. I would still have that phone if it wasn't for the issue I had with it after I bought it on Swappa... It's definitely a large phone and not easy to one hand lmao..

I find both my Pixel Fold and of course the Flip 5 so pocketable... So I'm happy with my choices right now on the Android side and I get a little bit of both I get to stay with a lot of the Samsung stuff that I love although the flip is definitely not as smooth as the S23U.. It runs great and does everything awesome but the S23U was close to stock buttery smoothness that you could get...

I carry two phones daily so my iPhone has great battery life I still have the iPhone 12 Pro.. and my Apple watch Ultra is a beast... I can easily go two days with it...

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

The battery on my iPhone 14 pro max was phenomenal and the battery on my Apple Watch 8 Ultra was simply a beast. The watch typically would have 80% battery left at 10pm after putting it on at 7 or 7:30 in the morning.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
It shouldn't, I've had my Samsung on the 85%
I'll tell you one thing it charges faster to the 85 than the 100%

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Battery life for me so far is horrible I will give it a few days.
Yea I'm in the same boat...
It depends what phones you're coming from, but even the Flip 5 with it's slightly bigger battery isn't going to be a power users phone. They're meant to be small but give you a full size screen first and foremost, the other stuff is secondary.

Honestly if I was a heavier phone user I would have passed on my Flip without thinking twice 😉 I'm a light user and I still had some reservations about getting it 😲

Reactions: mustang7757

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
It depends what phones you're coming from, but even the Flip 5 with it's slightly bigger battery isn't going to be a power users phone. They're meant to be small but give you a full size screen first and foremost, the other stuff is secondary.

Honestly if I was a heavier phone user I would have passed on my Flip without thinking twice I'm a light user and I still had some reservations about getting it
I understand that reason I purchases was for its size.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000