WPA2 Connection Issues

aj_zo

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I am trying to connect to my campus WiFi which is: WPA2-Enterprise/PEAP
I authenticate using my username and password and the phone establishes an IP address, wireless status says connected and gives me an IP and a data rate. In our school wireless logs it says that it successfully grants access to the device. When I try and open a webpage it just times out and says the webpage cannot be displayed. Any ideas?

NOTE: I am the only Adroid Device that IT has seen have issues connecting to wireless. I may also be the only captivate on campus(at least attempting to connect to wireless), AT&T is not big in our area.

JackImageX

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I use WPA2 with my Captivate at home. At work, it doesn't work with the free WiFi because I have to accept a ULA page and that page doesn't seem to work on the Captivate.

retrogreq

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
if your school is sending out a mixed wifi signal, not JUST g or n...your phone may have problems keeping a connection. Mine will not hold a connection unless it is set to just g or just n

aj_zo

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I have narrowed down the issue to this. After a factory reset I began by getting on the campus wifi and everything worked correctly i was then able to sync my email, calenders, contacts, and browse to any web page. As soon as i registered in Android Market it killed the connection. I have factory reset the phone again and as long as Android Market is not registered it is running on wifi just fine. Any ideas on what Android Market could be doing that my campus network doesn't like??