Use of a case

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Was wondering why others use a case on their Notes? Is it for style? For protection? Utility? All the above? Or for some other reason? I have a Case Mate stand case that I have for protection and utility. I like being able to sit my phone on my desk and watch videos while I work.

from my Galaxy Note 2, baddest phone on the planet.

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I use one for protection. My worksite contains varying amounts of particulate matter that will scratch the back of the phone up considerably.

I know I could just buy a new back plate if needed, but I would rather keep the device looking new or close enough to it longer than most.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Victor R

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I use mine for vanity reasons. lol I use one so I won't scratch the back. I also put a protective skin on it. I bought a Ringke slim off Amazon and so far I like it. I also ordered a few different ones off ebay. Have not received them yet.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I try not to spend too much money on cases, but I always do. I can never seem to find the perfect case for my needs. I always find some that are just good enough, but not exactly what I want. I was looking into the wallet cases, but I'm sure how they will work in all situations,

from my Galaxy Note 2, baddest phone on the planet.

Victor R

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
So, I finally got my cases in. I bought these 5 off a link in the forums.Total cost was $10.47. They are ok built cases and the clear ones seem to give you the most protection. As in, it covers the corners. They are pretty thin. But, thats what I was looking for. Only the white doesn't give me a problem getting it on. I can get the others on but, it takes a little more push here, push there. However, once you get them on they are snug with no chance of them popping out. They all came from China. The colors did not quite translate through the pic, They are pretty brightly colored. Shiny
20121205_164553.jpg

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Better grip
Avoid scratches on the back
Some protection in the unlikely event I drop mine (I'm VERY careful!)
Has to look good, too.
I prefer clear/translucent so I can still see the color and lettering on the back of the device.

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Better grip
Avoid scratches on the back
Some protection in the unlikely event I drop mine (I'm VERY careful!)
Has to look good, too.
I prefer clear/translucent so I can still see the color and lettering on the back of the device.
Exact same reasons here! For girp purposes is very important with the NOTE 2. It is very slippery without a case.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Scratches mostly. I am taking my wifes upgrade for an s4 (shah.. Don't tell her) so having the phone pristine is a selling point for me

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

Victor R

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Update on those cases in the above pic. I took the red one off this morning and I have a pinkish hue around the edge of the back of the phone. :'( So, I got some goo gone and alcohol and got it off. I also have a skinz on the back to protect. So, in short the cases from Japan stained my phone. And, no it did not get wet.

TheOtherBill

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Exact same reasons here! For girp purposes is very important with the NOTE 2. It is very slippery without a case.

Same for me. Mine has been used naked for about 30 hours now and with the cold weather my hands are too dry to get a good grip, I've had it slip twice even though I'm being extra careful. I think I'll like having a kickstand, too, so that's an extra benefit.
Case should arrive Monday morning.

crimsonsky

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I typically buy Otterbox cases for all my phones, but I'm passing on this one. It's big enough and an Otterbox would make it way too bulky. I bought an official flip cover (same as I did with the S3 I owned before it) and I'm perfectly satisfied with it.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I typically buy Otterbox cases for all my phones, but I'm passing on this one. It's big enough and an Otterbox would make it way too bulky. I bought an official flip cover (same as I did with the S3 I owned before it) and I'm perfectly satisfied with it.

With the flip cover, do you find it difficult to take pics? Is the battery cover the same as the original?

from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2, baddest phone on the planet.

crimsonsky

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
With the flip cover, do you find it difficult to take pics? Is the battery cover the same as the original?

Not hard to take pictures as long as you remember to fold it back! That said, I'm not a huge picture taker with any phones. I have a nice DSLR to take photos with.

You can buy the cover in different colours. I got a white GN2 because that's all they had in the store. Not my favourite colour, so I bought the grey flip cover. But you can can buy the cover in the same colour as your phone if you prefer. Right now, white and grey are the only colours available, but I believe they're coming out with more next year.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Not hard to take pictures as long as you remember to fold it back! That said, I'm not a huge picture taker with any phones. I have a nice DSLR to take photos with.

You can buy the cover in different colours. I got a white GN2 because that's all they had in the store. Not my favourite colour, so I bought the grey flip cover. But you can can buy the cover in the same colour as your phone if you prefer. Right now, white and grey are the only colours available, but I believe they're coming out with more next year.

Thanks for the reply. Is the back cover made of the same material as the original?