Amateurs Mental Conflict

TakeNotes2

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Ok first I just got this the Galaxy Note 2, it's SGH-I317Obviously.

I originally started with Apple products such as the iPhones 3 4 and just got rid of my 5.

This is actually my first Android phone. So im here to clarify things.
I found this forum googling around looking to see if theirs like some sort method similar to jailbreaking iPhones. Further research allowed me to come across something called Root.

I also did some looking around on guides that explain Root.
I don't fully understand root but I see the use for it.

I have questions though...

When I had iPhones jailbreaking allowed me to add themes, customize keyboards, fonts, and have access to most games/apps thats usually purchasable for free.
If I root my phone, specifically talking about my Galaxy Note 2 will I the same privileges?

And since this phone just released, is it safe to root without harming my contact (besides voiding warranty)?

And finally from the pros, Whats a recommendable ROM(s) for my device (Galaxy Note 2)

Thanks in advance!

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok first I just got this the Galaxy Note 2, it's SGH-I317Obviously.

I originally started with Apple products such as the iPhones 3 4 and just got rid of my 5.

This is actually my first Android phone. So im here to clarify things.
I found this forum googling around looking to see if theirs like some sort method similar to jailbreaking iPhones. Further research allowed me to come across something called Root.

I also did some looking around on guides that explain Root.
I don't fully understand root but I see the use for it.

I have questions though...

When I had iPhones jailbreaking allowed me to add themes, customize keyboards, fonts, and have access to most games/apps thats usually purchasable for free.
If I root my phone, specifically talking about my Galaxy Note 2 will I the same privileges?

And since this phone just released, is it safe to root without harming my contact (besides voiding warranty)?

And finally from the pros, Whats a recommendable ROM(s) for my device (Galaxy Note 2)

Thanks in advance!

Well, themes, custom keyboards, and free games are already possible on unrooted phones. Do +1 for Android :thumbup::D and I'm not too much of a rooter so I can't help you with the rooting but rooting does void your warranty so I'd be careful bud.

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2 :D

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Getting apps free that are supposed to cost money is a bad idea on android. The money you spend on the apps isn't worth the trouble of malware. Everything you read about malware on android is caused by stealing apps.
Alternatively you can install amazons app store and get an app for free every day. No root required.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums.

If I have been helpful to you, please go to the store, buy a bunch of beer, and send it to my house.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Fyi hackulous just shut down there doors tge other day so apps that steal appstore apps dont exist anymore. Having said that, I am rooted and have a custom rom and you can go back to stock for warranty purposes but it is not as easy as it was to do when you wanted to unjailbreak. I am rommed more for the purposes of getting new android features early without having to wait for the carrier to release an update. And also to completely remove bloatware.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Also in the future some forums dont take kindly to people announcing they want to steal apps. Those kinds of things will get you banned pretty fast. Yes, malware is a very big deal on android, but if all you want to do is merely make the phone more customizable than it already is then rooting is no big deal. XDA website is a forum specifically used for android rom development. That would be the first place to look for roms. Btw I reccomend cleanrom3.5 if you want a clean stock look to stsrt with. I also use hd widgets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress