Galaxy Note 2 (ATT) Stock email on Exchange not pushing / showing notifications

DavefromDemop

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I have the Galaxy Note 2 on AT&T. I've been using the Stock email app for my Exchange email at work for about a month now with no problems whatsoever. Now since yesterday morning I'm not getting push email like I'm supposed to. I'll check the app and hit the manual sync button and get a bunch of mail that should have already been delivered. There have been a couple of exceptions, but this has become the norm. I'm also noticing even when mail does arrive, I'm not getting the notifications most of the time.

I've deleted and readded the account (rebooted several times), I updated to the latest OS yesterday evening, etc. I'm testing out Moxier Mail now which the sync is working fine on, but I would prefer the stock app if I could get it to work correctly.

Anyone else having this issue, or can offer advice? Thanks!

DavefromDemop

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I actually called AT&T in an attempt to find out where you would get support for stock apps. They guy had me turn phone off and back on, then had me change the "period" to sync email from 2 weeks to "automatic". This seemed to fix the issue, though I noted after checking settings again the option had switched from auto to 1 week on its own. Still working for the moment.

Nichole Welch

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
I have the same question (although I have T-mobile). I have contacted them and they advised all the above, as well as a factory reset which didn't work. I really like the stock app for s-pen features, but I have too many sub folders not to get notifications.

That being said, I, too do not see an option for "always" in the period area-- only days. Frustrating.

DavefromDemop

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
No I haven't. I was having success by turning off the Auto Sync Data setting, rebooting, then turning that back on. It will work for a few days to a week or 2 then revert back to not pushing. Now, though, that doesn't even work.

Really just want it to work.

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
No I haven't. I was having success by turning off the Auto Sync Data setting, rebooting, then turning that back on. It will work for a few days to a week or 2 then revert back to not pushing. Now, though, that doesn't even work.

Really just want it to work.

Try aqua email which seems to handle exchange accounts better. Let us know.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

jblaze38

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I switched all my Gmail to Outlook. Seems to work fine. It even allows you to sync the Gmail into outlook. Gmail isn't supporting free exchange accounts on new devices. My existing accounts can only be added as pop accounts on my GN2, even though they were established on my GS3.

Mr. Big

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I switched all my Gmail to Outlook. Seems to work fine. It even allows you to sync the Gmail into outlook. Gmail isn't supporting free exchange accounts on new devices. My existing accounts can only be added as pop accounts on my GN2, even though they were established on my GS3.

Mr. Big

What? Is this new? m.google exchange is still working fine on my Note 2. I cannot see that they will stop supporting millions of iPhones using the google free exchange server.

thamus

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I have the note 2 and with verizon.

My latest emails from my yahoo account won't push through to my stock email app in note 2. I looked at all the settings and nothing. I switched from iPhone 4s to note 2. Wow do I miss how the iPhone just works. Why is android so glitchy?

Gabb422

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Just got the Note II and I'm really annoyed that my Yahoo mail account won't automatically sync. I'm with Verizon and want the problem resolved.....any solutions?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87