Email Issue Pop3 Native email app on GN2

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Hello
I have a very strange problem going on with my email. My ISP is Time Warner Road Runner, im using their TURBO 15 SPEED, the app is the native email app that came with the phone.
This does not happen all the time, it is intermittent.
I will get a notification that I have 5 to 7 emails. When I open the email inbox there are NO new emails..the emails in question range from the dates 12/2012 to 1/8/2013. I will scroll down and check delete and then delete the emails in question. The process is repeditive and will continue until I have deleted somewhere between 200 and 400 emails.
They are not new emails they are old and it keeps happening within the same date range.
Otherwise my email works fine. Im still getting new email as well.
The "problem email" is a couple months old,, they continue to be sent to the phone. I have a PC with Vista Ultimate and use Outlook. To the best of my knowledge there are no obvious email issues on the PC.
I have verified that my email settings are correct both for incoming and outgoing servers. This issue arouse after the update to 4.1.2.
This evening it changed slightly..I had notification of 7 emails (twice) 14 total and then it stopped. If you open the email in box it shows 7, you trash them, the counter zeroes out, close email, reopen email again it shows 7. Same process, but this time it was kind to me, it stopped after 14. I have had to dump up to 476 emails 264 emails and as described 14 emails and then the problem ceases.
Does anyone have any ideas as to what is possibly going on. Could it be a server issue with road runner.
I already know that road runner is horrible, but this type of problem has never happened before.
There is 1 setting called " auto resend times" it is set on unlimited under data settings for the email account. Dont have the slightest idea what its for. Also bear in mind the email that keeps getting sent is old and has been read already, yet it keeps surfacing as "OLD NEW MAIL"
Thank you

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non