How can I enable delete confirmation for S23 Email app?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

On my (very) old Galaxy S7 the native email app had a checkbox in the settings to require that I confirm deletion before it would actually delete emails.

On my new Galaxy S23, I can't find such a setting in the native email app, and the default behavior is immediate deletion.

Is there a confirmation setting buried somewhere?

paulsilver

Mar 10, 2023
Visit site
I am not using one of the "big" email services, so no, there is no separate client I can use for it such as GMail or Yahoo. I just want to know how to do this in the native email app like I used to be able to.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I am not using one of the "big" email services, so no, there is no separate client I can use for it such as GMail or Yahoo. I just want to know how to do this in the native email app like I used to be able to.
Welcome to AC!
Which email client ? You would have to choose one to continue using the app.

This screenshot is from native Samsung email app .
a32d8b6d951e0ed65b575ebe1bcccca7.jpg

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

paulsilver

Mar 10, 2023
Visit site
My email set up was copied from the old phone along with all of the data and apps when I bought the new phone, so I did not need to select. This is the standard native Samsung email client that has an icon on the home screen.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
My email set up was copied from the old phone along with all of the data and apps when I bought the new phone, so I did not need to select. This is the standard native Samsung email client that has an icon on the home screen.
Yes understand , so you don't know what email client your using?

I'm using outlook i can check my settings to compare to yours .

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using AC Forums mobile app

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Probably depends on the email app, but I think that setting is only available when first adding an email account. Some such settings are only there when first setting the account up, but not available afterwards. It may be that the only way to set that option again is to delete the email account and set it up again.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
If you are referring to the Samsung Email app (see pic), the 'confirm delete' option disappeared in an update, which I received last July. Several people expressed their unhappiness with this change

Your email app might have updated to a newer version after you transferred your apps to your new phone.

Just for the record, Samsung stopped pre-installing this email app several years back. It's no longer considered a native app.

Screenshot_20230310_095110_Galaxy%20Store.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

paulsilver

Mar 10, 2023
Visit site
Thanks BerryBubbles - best answer.. Yes, that;'s the email app. I'm surprised it's no longer pre-installed. What email app does Samsung suggest people use nowadays? And please don't say gmail, yahoo, etc. as my email account is not a gmail or yahoo account, it's an rr.com account through my ISP.

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Thanks BerryBubbles - best answer.. Yes, that;'s the email app. I'm surprised it's no longer pre-installed. What email app does Samsung suggest people use nowadays? And please don't say gmail, yahoo, etc. as my email account is not a gmail or yahoo account, it's an rr.com account through my ISP.

Thanks Paul!

Personally, I still use the Samsung email app for my more important email account. I download it from the Galaxy Store each time I purchase a new phone. My email provider (ISP account) is pretty particular about which mobile app is used & it works fine with Samsung's app. I just learned to be more cautious with the delete trash button.

BB