Samsung keyboard vs swype

mitz85

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys can anybody tell me the difference between Samsung keyboard and swype? I can swype on the Samsung keyboard also. Why do I have both? Also is Swift key flow available? If not does anybody know when the release date is? Thanks

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Swift Key Flow was in beta not too long ago. It kept freezing on me. I ended up going to the Swype Beta site and downloaded Swype Beta, it's much better than the Swype on the phone and it's free.

Sent from my AWESOME Note 2

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
anything seems better than the samsung keyboard. how can you not automatically drop a word into your type?

i'm using swift key flow beta and so far so good. the nice thing with flow beta (other than flow) is that it will keep swiftkey as the default keyboard when your note2 reboots/resets (which mine seems to do a few times a day on random). swiftkey3 was not keeping the default after a restart (the paid version that is).

mitz85

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I understand that but I really. Don't see the difference between swype and default Samsung keyboard which I would like someone to explain to me. I know that I seem dumb but I can flow on my Samsung keyboard which is the same thing as swype (to me) if this is not I would like to someone to explain that to me. I did. Download swift key flow n I'm liking it. Thanks for the help

Jrockttu

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
It's my understanding that the Samsung keyboard is built off of Swype's technology. It's noticeable that Samsung added a lot for the Note 2. It has the numbers row and also has the handwriting capability for use with the S-Pen. If you don't like the little extras that Sammy throws in, Swype is probably the better option because it will be updated more frequently and has Swype connect if you have other Android devices.

roguetrader

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Swype technology will sync with your e-mail, f/book & Twitter etc. as well as all your docs. & it 'learns' from your writing style and vocabulary. After a little while you will see it predicts the word you are most likely to use, as well as many other suggestions. If you write a word it's not familiar with, then it will give you the opportunity to add it to your dictionary. The trick is to keep your eye on the predictive panel on the top of the keyboard for maximum efficacy. I find it predicts the correct grammar usage of words as well. Try it!

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Android Central Forums

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Also the Swype Beta is more accurate than the Samsung keyboard and the Swype keyboard installed in the phone.

Sent from my AWESOME Note 2

Shawn Magm

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I have an S3 and I noticed that the Samsung keyboard has a Swype feature. I'm trying out both to see which works better for me.

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Anyone using swiftkey 4...if so how is it? Any issues. How does it compare to the stock keyboards and any conflicks.
Thank you

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm using the Samsung keyboard because I use the handwriting a lot and no one has handwriting as good as the handwriting on the stock keyboard.

Sent from the AWESOME Note 2 of a girl :)

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Sk4 is very good. But as Kelly pointed out it does not have the handwriting input feature.

Also with sk4 (after you purchase it, this issue does not exist with the trial) if you restart your note2,the default keyboard switches back to samsung. Sk is aware of this and they have been trying to fix it since sk3.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

bear_lx

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
i have used them all ( swiftkey, swype beta, handcent, go sms , ect) i honestly like the stock jellybean keyboard the best, and its free. search for "jellybean keyboard" it seems to be the most accurate for sloppy texters, and it has voice to text

eds817

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I've tried a few different keyboards but still like the Samsung because of the number keys at the top. All the others you need to change to the keypad or hold the letters on the top row.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez