Strange audio/mp3 problem

djhobby

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
My phone plays some mp3s unbalanced. It plays them only out of the left channel and at a very low volume. It was playing these files fine until I shut my phone off and I put in a new battery. When I turned my phone back on, it started playing these particular mp3s only on the left channel. At the time, I was using Akimbo Audiobook Player and thought something was up with that app, but when I tried to play the same mp3 with the stock music player and with the Google Play Music app it does the same thing. It's not the headphones or speakers, these apps play other mp3s correctly. Now here's where it gets really strange, it's only mp3s in this particular folder. It plays all the other mp3s on my device just fine. I moved the files around, renamed the folder, put them in a different folder, renamed the files and none of this works. I copied the files back to my PC and the files play fine. I looked at the file with Audacity and confirmed that both channels are the same. Then I downloaded another music player app, Maven Player, because it has setting for balance left right etc. and it plays these files just fine, with the audio playing out of both channels with the balance set to the middle. This is driving me crazy, any help?

I'm running a stock phone, no custom roms, not rooted, Android Version 4.1.2

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
you've confirmed the settings are correct when these files are playing under the system settings > accessibility > hearing section?