Issue with Keyboard not opening after device restart

BSrz24311

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Every time I restart my T Mobile Note 2 when I go to type an email or text of any kind it take the keyboard a couple of minutes to open. This just started within the past couple of weeks. I am using the swipe keyboard on a daily basis, but still have the Samsung default installed as well. Has anyone else experienced this issue or know how to fix it?

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Every time I restart my T Mobile Note 2 when I go to type an email or text of any kind it take the keyboard a couple of minutes to open. This just started within the past couple of weeks. I am using the swipe keyboard on a daily basis, but still have the Samsung default installed as well. Has anyone else experienced this issue or know how to fix it?

i have not heard of this problem on AT&T note2's, but it doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. i see there hasn't been a response to your question; have you tried the T-Mobile Note2 forum to see if anyone there has experienced this?

BSrz24311

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I've posted several places, and your my first response. I thought it might be from swype beta even though it has ran perfect for months, so I uninstalled it and tried the stock keyboard and had the same issue. It's very odd.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Android Central Forums

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I've posted several places, and your my first response. I thought it might be from swype beta even though it has ran perfect for months, so I uninstalled it and tried the stock keyboard and had the same issue. It's very odd.

This is very peculiar. Have you tried a master reset yet?

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Not as of yet. I'm trying to avoid going that far at this point.

I'm thinking that there is a process (or worse, a widget) that is tying up the keyboard resource (that's why it doesn't display instantaneously). if you can isolate that process or possibly a widget and get rid of it, that would do it. Otherwise, I'm afraid the only thing I can recommend is a reset.