AT&T Galaxy Note 2 - No signal

Terry Weaver1

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Ok dropped it for the first time and noticed that night that the network signal was very low.The next day no signal at all except for once when I got like 12 text messages at the same time.
Was trying my daughter and wifes,sim card in it to see if it made a difference when I noticed without a sim card in it it showed 3 to 4 bars.
Went to the att store and got a new sim card...no signal.
Thinking the drop has damaged the antenna.
I'm pretty proficient with soldering and working on electronics. Looked on ebay for the part that I need but I was wondering if anyone here might be able to tell me if I'm on to something and maybe witch part exactly I might need to purchase to get this phone up and working again.

Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to provide!

Posted via Android Central App

rgarcia900

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Does your phone show physical damage or abuse? If not, take it to an at&t authorized center for an exchange. Maybe it was already faulty and the drop finished the job.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using AC Forums mobile app

Terry Weaver1

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Its a refub apparently and att says they wont replace it
Even though I gave 150 for it plus a two year contract
So either I fix it or its just junk.

Posted via Android Central App

rgarcia900

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I think refurbished units have a 90 day warranty and that is the reason why I avoid those devices.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AC Forums mobile app

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I had a similiar situation where I had no signal. I was 2 weeks away from an expired warranty, took it to a att service center and they replaced the phone and sim card free of charge.

You may have physically damaged the cellular radio, have you checked that?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Sherio1000

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I think i have the same problem. I sent it to a repair shop but couldnt fix it. I wanted to get a usb flex cable like the one you replaced but could only get the international version. I read on xda that the flex cable might be faulty and you have to try another one. Let me know if you find a fix. Good luck.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I too had a similiar issue back in november. They phone would not send sms nor receive and no calls either. Wifi worked fine. I was a week away from end of warranty so I took to att and they gave me a new phone and sim card. All problems went away.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4

Nick94928

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I was plagued with weak reception, even got AT&T to send me a MicroCell as calls were dropping at home. I tried rom after rom going from Android 4.1.1 to 4.4.2 and they all had bad reception. I read about people putting wires and things in the external antenna port, but decided against that as I also read that LOTS of people damaged their phone doing that and had to replace the phone. Well, I decided to wipe the phone and normally I wipe Dalvic Cache, Cache, System and Data, then install a new rom...but this time I was going to go back to the original recovery and rom and start all over so I wiped the Internal Cache as well this time, BUT I could not find a stock recovery to install, so I went back to 4.1.1...to my surprise, once I rebooted my reception was strong! I then went back to my nandroid backups and loaded various roms...they were all strong!
Point is, make sure if you are having reception problems to wipe the phone completely (remove your SDCard if you don't want to lose what you have on that) then try reinstalling the rom and see if your reception comes back. Mine has been solid since I wiped the Internal Cache and this is the longest I have had good reception in a long time. I am back on Android 4.4.2 and my reception is working great again! :)

drjim55

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi folks, I too am having some serious signal issues with my Note 2. I already did a factory reset but didn't help. I saved most but forgot to save the calendar. (1) any ideas how I can retrieve my lost data on the last 2 years calendar on my cell? (2) I called ATT 3x and they told me there is a tower being fixed but was supposed to have been fixed yesterday. Guess what? today I still have a dot ( . ) or 1 lousy bar thus comes dropped calls and can't call out. Which particular cache did you clear? Thx much. DrJim