SoreAintya

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Anyone heard pricing details yet, on and off contract?
Been waiting on this device for months, almost bought it instead of the GSM GNEX back in November, glad I waited.
Just wondering on the price since I'll most likely be buying off contract again and may need to sell a device or two to offset the cost.

tbonepat11

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I am curious as well. I am more curious about performance and battery life with the change of processor and LTE. We will know soon enough.

JRod1990

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I was talking to one of my friends and he says that this will probably come out in 6 weeks, I hope he's wrong but with the way the nexus was I'm feeling doubtful haha

E_man

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I was talking to one of my friends and he says that this will probably come out in 6 weeks, I hope he's wrong but with the way the nexus was I'm feeling doubtful haha

The current rumored date is February 14th.

I am guessing $299 on contract... But just a guess...

Unfortunately, I'm thinking the same thing. I'm not liking this trend of $250->$299. When the elephant in the room is $199, even a phone that is technically superior will have trouble competing. The note, with it's massive screen may be an exception, where there is an obvious reason to buy it over the iPhone, but other high end phones don't have that obvious advantage factor.

kembry

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I've always cracked up when I read these kind of price discussions. With a two year commitment, the per-month cost difference between $199 and $299 is about $4.17 a month. It's pretty negligible.

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
International version for thank you. I would rather pay the extra couple hundred to get no AT&T bloat, faster updates, better processor, and the home button. I think it will most likely be $299 on contract.

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
International version for thank you. I would rather pay the extra couple hundred to get no AT&T bloat, faster updates, better processor, and the home button. I think it will most likely be $299 on contract.

This ^. I think I would most miss the home button now that I am used to it. If you wait another month or two I'm sure price will come down some.

tbran

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Well we now know it's $299 with 2yr contract. The Off-contract price from AT&T is $699, but they give 10% off for current account holders. So it looks like it will be $620-630.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy II SR via Tapatalk

Reactions: planoman

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Well we now know it's $299 with 2yr contract. The Off-contract price from AT&T is $699, but they give 10% off for current account holders. So it looks like it will be $620-630.

10% off, sweet. Is that for preorders or regular?

tbran

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I am pretty sure it applies to preorders also. But not 100% sure yet.
It only makes sense though, otherwise you could simply buy it for $300 with new contract and then cancel the contract for the $325 ETF for a net cost of $625.

Last edited:

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I am pretty sure it applies to preorders also. But not 100% sure yet.
It only makes sense though, otherwise you could simply buy it for $300 with new contract and then cancel the contract for the $325 ETF for a net cost of $625.

Got it. I will not be pre ordering. I plan to wait a month or so unless that 10% off is a limited time thing.m

SoreAintya

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
$600+ is what I figured.
Guess I'll stick to my plan of selling my GSM GNEX and order the International Note for that price.
Wish I'd bought the Note instead of the Nexus back in November as I intended..

tbran

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Well I bought a $12 case off Amazon today, so I guess I'm committed now...:)

tbran

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Got it. I will not be pre ordering. I plan to wait a month or so unless that 10% off is a limited time thing.m

Well if the other thread is to be believed...AT&T is not going to offer the Note for outright purchase, at least initially. Available only with a new 2yr contract for $299. Guess I buy it that way then...

dataquest#IM

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Well if the other thread is to be believed...AT&T is not going to offer the Note for outright purchase, at least initially. Available only with a new 2yr contract for $299. Guess I buy it that way then...

Well it let me pre-order it for the "no commit" price of $650 I believe. I am a current AT&T customer who recently purchased the iPhone 4S, so I had to pay full price. It ended up being $703.61 after taxes.

SoreAintya

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Why would anyone pay full retail and NOT get the international version?
I see people spending over $650 for carrier bloat and a LTE signal..and it makes me cringe!
For that price you can buy the international, unlocked version with no "branding", no carrier bloat, a better (imo) processor and most importantly, updates and support faster than AT&T will ever (if ever, given their track record) give us.

tbran

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Why would anyone pay full retail and NOT get the international version?
I see people spending over $650 for carrier bloat and a LTE signal..and it makes me cringe!
For that price you can buy the international, unlocked version with no "branding", no carrier bloat, a better (imo) processor and most importantly, updates and support faster than AT&T will ever (if ever, given their track record) give us.

LTE capability is the biggest thing I guess. It can make you take the other shortcomings in stride. I spend alot of time in the LTE areas and it spoils you when you get stuck back on HSPA+. Also the LTE receiver makes the phone more future proof, since LTE will be everywhere during this phone's life cycle.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy SR via Tapatalk

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non