Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By li2327
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Hello Android I will miss WebOS

I'm super excited about my Note. Leaving behind my tiny but lovable Veer.

I must say, finding the right app here is mind boggling. So many to choose from.

Any help on finding a Gas/Vehicle tracker that can import all my stuff saved as a Google spread sheet would be great.

Any way, here I am and thanks for having me.

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

Default Re: Hello Android I will miss WebOS

Congrats on the Note. I picked one up Sunday as well, I moved over from WebOS and an HP Pre 3. I decided it was time to jump off the sinking ship while I could still get a decent price for the old WebOS hardware on Ebay.

Not regretting it at all. The Note is great, and sure is nice to have an app for just about anything. Add to that the fact that I was able to ditch the tablet and have one device to tote around, and I couldn't be more pleased.

Enjoy!
    Thanked by:

Holy Moly OP, from a veer to a note? That is one massive jump! I went from an ip4s to a galaxy nexus and i thought that was drastic haha. Anyways. Former webOS user as well, it was an awesome OS but after switching from both ios and webOS I have not looked back.

The learning curve and marketplace is definitely something to get used to but it's awesome having so many options.

Good luck with your new toy. Welcome to Android.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

My last phone was a Palm Pre +. The power cord for the touchstone is an exact fit to charge my new Galaxy Note. Is there any harm in using it?
    I miss the smoothness of webos, but the apps and the screen size are great!

That's an awesome phone. I heard alot of good things about it. Enjoy!
    S-Doo-1965 likes this.

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sojc View Post
    My last phone was a Palm Pre +. The power cord for the touchstone is an exact fit to charge my new Galaxy Note. Is there any harm in using it?
    I miss the smoothness of webos, but the apps and the screen size are great!
    It will probably charge much more slowly.

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

I've had my Droid Bionic for about 2 weeks now, leaving behind my beloved Pre+. It makes me want to laugh and cry all at the same time. The new phone is fast and smooth and beautiful. But it just makes me cry to think where WebOS could have gone if it had been given hardware like this. I'm learning how to make Android useful, but it is clear to me that the Palm people put at least 10X more thought into how people actually use smartphones and how the operating system should reflect that.

Goodbye, WebOS (sniff). Hello, Android. We'll be friends eventually, I expect.