jonholmes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Well, I did it. I finally got on the Android train.
As a long time BlackBerry user, I just jumped the sinking ship, and bought a Note today, and I'm loving it!
I do need help though. Is there a way to merge my multiple contacts? At one time long ago i downloaded an app that went rouge. It coppied every one of my contacts 75 times. On my BlackBerry i simply turned off the google sync and got an app that merged all of my contacts. Is there one you would suggest for Android?
I tried GO Contacts EX, but it did not work. I had to force it closed after it became unresponsive.

Thank you in advance.

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
What I had done previously is just make sure its backed up with google, then delete all contacts and re sync with google. Trouble with that is, it often replacated the numorous contacts, I did a search in the market and I couldnt come up with anything else, it will be intresting to see what someone can come up with

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I've got two different suggestions...both will be somewhat time consuming.
1) from your phone, choose a contact, hit the menu, hit join contact and select the contacts you want to join it with
2) go to contacts on your Google account on your computer and start deleting all the duplicates

Good luck...I spent hours several years ago cleaning up my contacts when googlesync first came out for blackberry and had to do it several times for duplicated iTunes libraries back in my iPhone days.

Good luck and welcome to android.

jonholmes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I got it solved.
I logged into gmail and began merging the first contact. Once I hit merge, Google makes if I wanted it to search for other contacts to merge. I did have to go through this process a couple of time, but by the end of everything I went from 10000 contacts to 300.
Thanks everyone.