New to Gnote

anon(785719)

May 11, 2012
Visit site
I am new to the forums here at androidcentral as well as android and the Google ecosystem. I have had every other phone OS but haven't been as impressed as i am with this device. I am loving it but i have a few questions:

1) My charging port seems to be really tight plugging and un-plugging the device is not smooth. Also a regular micro usb cord felt impossible to put in. Is all of this normal and will it get better with time?

2) is there anyway to shut off LTE and limit the phone to 3G only. I am not in an LTE location and would like to save battery life.

Thanks in advance for any assistance that you guys can provide. I have looked around the forum for two days (since trading the lumia for the gnote) and there seems to be an incredible wealth of knowledgeable android users here that are willing to assist people. This might have to be a webpage i check a few times a day now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

anon(785719)

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply -- that does suck that they do not allow you to turn it off. It was like that on the lumia i tried for a week but if you dialed ##3242# you could bring up a menu with the option.

Any input on the the tight charging port? Is that normal for the device at first?

Thanks again for the input i am on like day 3-4 with this hulk phone and i am wondering how i used anything with a smaller screen.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure why your charging port would be tight.

Can I assume you're using the OEM's charging cable?

I have an after market sync/charge cable I use at work and that one requires more effort than the one the device came with. However, my after market car charger fits with no problem.

So, assuming it's a genuine Samsung cable you might want to replace/exchange it from where you purchased the Note.

Reactions: anon(785719)

anon(785719)

May 11, 2012
Visit site
I am using the stock cable that came with the phone. It has loosened up and feels like every other phone i have had in the past. I don't know why it was snug at first but now it is perfect and i couldn't be happier with this device.

Does anyone have any apps or widgets that they would recommend for this specific Device (ones that take advantage of the screen real estate and s pen)?

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
@ljack1127:

1. Screen Off: If you haven't downloaded it yet I highly recommend Screen Off. This app will allow you to turn off your display with the push of the icon on the homescreen instead of waiting for the device to time out or fumbling for the power button.

2. Soonr Scribble: This is a good business app that allows you to sign documents, using the S-Pen, away from the office. I sign pdf's and send then back to my assistant all the time.

3. Simple Calendar: I like this calendar app because there are many different size Widgets for your homescreen that you can use to display your calendar. My friends, family, and co-workers know that if it's not on my calendar then it may not get done. This app keeps me up to date on where I need to be and when.

These are just a few of my favs. I'm glad you're enjoying your Note.

Oh, by the way, I use S-memo all the time for taking notes during meetings and then upload those notes to Dropbox, Evernote, or Gnote depending on the subject matter.

Okay. I'm done for now. :)

anon(785719)

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Soonr scribble and the calendar app sound outstanding -- i will definitely give them a try. Thanks again for the help -- it is much appreciated!

Fountainhead

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I file the two hooks down on all my uUSB connectors. They fit much easier and I've found that name brand plugs work much better, and after I file the hooks flat almost no effort plugging/unplugging.

Reactions: anon(785719)

anon(785719)

May 11, 2012
Visit site
I will give hat a try i have a couple usb cords laying around the house that i would like to be able to use for something. Appreciates the input!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress