I am an android newb. I think that I bricked my SG2

iqits

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I rooted my phone and that went great. I then downloaded ROM Manager from market and downloaded and installed CyanogenMod7. After reboot i only get the CM7 droid bootloader logo in a loop. I am unable to boot into recovery or download mode or anything except that STUPID CyanogenMod logo.

Can someone please help me out?

Thanks in advance.

s14tat

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
CM7 actually came out for the AT&T version already? I think you might have flashed a rom for the international version which is different. The only way to bring a samsung phone back from the dead is to Odin the stock rom. Since this phone just came out, I doubt they have a stock Rom in Odin form out for it yet.

Emcee

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I rooted my phone and that went great. I then downloaded ROM Manager from market and downloaded and installed CyanogenMod7. After reboot i only get the CM7 droid bootloader logo in a loop. I am unable to boot into recovery or download mode or anything except that STUPID CyanogenMod logo.

Can someone please help me out?

Thanks in advance.

ROM Manager doesn't support our phone yet.

Go to this link to fix things.

[Heimdall][Odin][Stock][Root]UCKH7 Return/Unbrick to Stock (or Root) - xda-developers

CM7 is out, but you'll have to use our specific version found at XDA.

iqits

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
The phone will not even go into download or recovery mode. I get the Samsung GS2 GT-I9100 (which is wrong, should be SG-I777) logo with the little yellow sign at the bottom of the screen and then i start getting the little blue droid and the CyanogenMod7 boot logo. It just keeps looping......that is all it will do, period.

I cannot even get to the point to upload a stock rom.......

Emcee, I did use that one but apparently somewhere along the way I messed things up....... Gosh iphones were so much easier to JB and use........

Anybody think of a solution for getting this phone back into working condition?

Last edited:

Emcee

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
The phone will not even go into download or recovery mode. I get the Samsung GS2 GT-I9100 (which is wrong, should be SG-I777) logo with the little yellow sign at the bottom of the screen and then i start getting the little blue droid and the CyanogenMod7 boot logo. It just keeps looping......that is all it will do, period.

I cannot even get to the point to upload a stock rom.......

Emcee, I did use that one but apparently somewhere along the way I messed things up....... Gosh iphones were so much easier to JB and use........

Anybody think of a solution for getting this phone back into working condition?

How did you do download mode?

Also, all phones that have been flashed show the I9100 splash screen.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laogui32