Unlocked International Galaxy S2 on AT&T

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I am not too smart on this stuff but would I just pop in my Sim Card and go?

Also, would I only get 3g or would I get HSPA+?

And is there any benefit to the ATT version over the international version?

Considering buying the international to avoid contract and I like the white color.

Last edited:

kenmitch

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Should be able to pop in the sim and go. I'd think that you'd get the HSPA+ depending on what your data plan is.

Advantage of ATT version is subsidized price. But if you wan't to avoid the contract then none.

adelmundo

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I am not too smart on this stuff but would I just pop in my Sim Card and go?

Also, would I only get 3g or would I get HSPA+?

And is there any benefit to the ATT version over the international version?

Considering buying the international to avoid contract and I like the white color.

Also since it is the international version, you can get away with getting the data for non-smartphone plan for $10 since the International SGSII is not in the AT&T phone database. Just don't mention it to them that you have a SGSII....

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yes it should have less bloat. Actually I don't think it'll have any since it doesn't go through AT&T first. And you'll probably get updates faster, too, since you'll be on the international ROM and not a carrier ROM.

shansmi

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Yes it should have less bloat. Actually I don't think it'll have any since it doesn't go through AT&T first. And you'll probably get updates faster, too, since you'll be on the international ROM and not a carrier ROM.

LOL, no carriers build a load. They spec it and the phone vendors deliver it. Carriers then test it and release it if they see fit.

Last edited:

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
LOL, no carriers build a load. They spec it and the phone vendors deliver it. Carriers then test it and release it if they see fit.

6 of one half dozen of another. AT&T has no say in the international version. Therefore no bloat.

Sent from my SGS II